Ok I have a pretty bad guitar at the moment I don't like it very much I can't get a very good solid sound or anything out of it It's a Squier Strat so it's just something I got from a strat pack. Here's my info so you guys can decide what guitar would be a good choice for me.

1.What do you want to buy?
Ummm a guitar that will give me a better sound. I'm not really sure what specific kind of guitar I want.

2.What's your budget?
Probably the highest I would go is 400 or 300.

3.Type's of music you would like to play?
I like to play punk/rock, alternate rock, emo, rock and music that is like offspring(I like offspring )

4.Your gear you use?
Ummm my amp is a Fender 15g(it came with my strat pack) and I got a Digitech RP200 Effects Pedal and my guitar is a Squier Strat.

5.Skill Level?
Hmmm well I'm not that great because I barely never played but now I want to get good at guitar so I guess I'm beginner.

6.Would you buy a used guitar?
Yes if it was good for what I want and would help me and it not being a crap broken down guitar then yes I would.

So there's me info I really want help because I really am pretty clueless to buying guitars so I need your guys help.
Can some people send me some tabs of some songs with a pretty easy riff or power chord progression or something because I want to get better.
Thank you for providing all the information for us, it makes things *far* easier.

Have you played any other guitars through your setup? Did you like how they sounded more?

You'd most likely need a guitar with humbuckers, and while your amp isn't all that great, the tone you get from the RP + the Frontman is probably passable and akin to starter modeling amps.

I'm thinking that you want to stay toward the lower end of your price range, so I'm gonna suggest the Hagstrom F-200.

Really great guitar for the price. Resonant body, quick and comfortable neck, good electronics, pickups and build quality.

One of the best in the price range, in my opinion.

If you wouldn't mind going higher, I'd suggest taking a look at Michael Kelly guitars.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
No I havn't played any other guitars with my setup but yea no problem with the information I thought that if I want a good answer I should give all the info it shows in the rules area. Thanks for helping me out I'll check that guitar out and the michael kelly guitars out but for now I have to get back to my homework.
Can some people send me some tabs of some songs with a pretty easy riff or power chord progression or something because I want to get better.
imho you need to go play every guitar you can get your hands on. guitar center is the perfect place for this type of thing.
you will know when one feels "right"
Ok there's a music store where I live and it has a pretty good choice of guitars I'll go check some out there.
One more thing...try to play with an amp you might want to buy. And make sure it's not a Marshall MG or Line6 Spider.
K I'll check out the store where I live about amps to. Thanks for all the help guys.
imo id rather buy a new amp than a guitar though cuz most of the sound comes for the amp rather than the guitar
Last edited by LesPaul313 at Oct 24, 2007,
Yea but the problem is my guitar is so crap the amp won't make much of a difference and I also want a really cool looking guitar like that Hagstrom is pretty sweet I was looking on that site and found a couple pretty sweet and cheap guitars.
The sound and the feel like it's really slipper and it's just not a very good guitar in my opinion.
Sounds more like a new guitar over a new amp will suit you better for now. Check out a bunch of guitars. My vote is still for a MIM Strat. I found that with MIM Strats, play a bunch as quality can vary from one to the other. By this I mean feel of the guitar. The hardware (pickups, tuners) can always be upgraded in the future. With that you could end up have a nice guitar for a good price.