Have you ever got the feeling that what people tell you doesn't seem like what it is? My friends and peers are always telling me that I'm a great guitar player, but I always think that they exagerate, and i guess i'm modest about my playing abilities. i never beleive when people sya im a good guitarist, i always think i suck. So could i be a good guitarist and just not know it? or am i actually really ****? or do i have a self esteem problem? lol
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
you know, some kind of video, or a mp3 file, or something might help just help us determine that.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
If you posted some videos, we could tell you (-_-)
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

you could be good in their eyes since they dont play guitar (?)
but in a good guitarists eyes you could be just a beginner still but have yet to achieve full potential
www.myspace.com/seansmusicportfolio its really cheasy lol
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
I think its more about what others think of you, not what you think of yourself. I think.
I have that too, my parents think i'm amazing. I guess I'm decent, but not amazing.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
i know i suck but i fool people who dont play guitar LOL
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
If you're comparing yourself to other guitarists, you might not feel that you're very good. But to the uninitiated who can't play an Em chord, you may seem really good.

Or they might just be trying to encourage you.
your song sounded pretty sweet....
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
your alright....

not the best though....so yea...

if you want me to bring you down that pedestal(sp?) that your friends put you on

you suck
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.
Also, there are a lot of non players that compare it to their own playing ability, which obviously makes you look totally godly
i get the same thing,from random people at guitar center when im just jamming,or even friends who play guitar,they are always askin me to teach them and saying how good i am.
Im always like are we talkin about the same person here...
yeah but even people i don't know say i'm good. i was sitting on my budies drive way and some lady came up and asked me if i was playing the blues festival. i was like ...no? and even my guitar teacher was jelous of how i got so good in such little time. when i play shows people say i'm one bitching guitarist. people that i have never meet from other bands that i respect say i'm awesome and that i should be in a band. and my friends who i know are amazing guitarist always wonder how i play so good. i just don't understand it!
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
Last edited by Sean-Man at Oct 23, 2007,
Your playing was really clear, and I loved your tone.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
its odd, i watch a video of a guy shredding, but when i play the same thing, it just doesn't feel like im shredding that hard at all. i've been called an amazing guitarist a couple times before, but that was by people who don't play. get an opinion from someone you think is better then you.
Quote by Sean-Man
yeah but even people i don't know say i'm good. i was sitting on my budies drive way and some lady came up and asked me if i was playing the blues festival. i was like ...no? and even my guitar teacher was jelous of how i got so good in such little time. when i play shows people say i'm one bitching guitarist. people that i have never meet from other bands that i respect say i'm awesome and that i should be in a band. and my friends who i know are amazing guitarist always wonder how i play so good. i just don't understand it!

Ok now you're just trying for attention
Quote by Maxx_Pouwer
Ok now you're just trying for attention

what do you mean? i'm just saying i dont beleive a word people say and i honestly think i'm a really flawed guitarist
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
My guitar teacher says I'm one of his top five students, but I just don't really feel like I am.
You're ok. You've got a great tone but your lines (from what I heard on that link, i mean you could miles different from that clip) were fairly unimaginative.
Good is subjective; I'd had ppl I dunno tell me I'm good and others tell me I suck - normally I get caught up in the bad press and get pissed off, I don't think I'm great but I don't think I'm awful.

MVL.
to me it maybe sounds like you just know a bunch of shred licks and are good at linking them together.. instead of consciously writing music.

how good are you at theory and playing in different styles?

oh.. from what i heard you sound good.. and friends who dont play guitar might think your a rock god (*but your not because of what i said above*maybe?)
Quote by King Twili
It's just me and Doris here ;_;

Quote by Zaphikh
Poops is the chat MC - but here we know him as Early Cuyler.

Free Downloads, Yo!
Really doesn't matter what they think, it's what you think, like I can play some of Petrucci's and Gilbert's stuff, but I still think I've got a world to learn though my friends say I'm the best in the school ( and I am... sadly)
hue
Pretty neat song, but that second bend sounded way out of key. Besides that, yeah, you're good.
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
Quote by iceman_8319
I have that too, my parents think i'm amazing. I guess I'm decent, but not amazing.

I know what you mean, it's like, my drawing is apparently brilliant, but compared to other's in my Graphics course, it's a bit bland.

lol, well, this is what this site's for of course. Criticising each other's work. XD
People are allways saying that I'm an "amazing guitarist", but I'm really not. They obviously don't know what amazing is.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices