I've collested a few guitars while playing over the years. Each has its own purpose; some costr a pretty penny and others not so much. I've got this one acoustic guitar that i call me "****" guitar beacuse it's the least expensive and I dont mind if i leave it at someones house for a few days, gets banged around, wet, or whatever; but I would like to do a little "tweeking" to make the son of a bitch sound a little better. Ones first thought might simply be jsut take better care of the damn thing, but thats not why I have it. I have it so I can carry a guitar every where I go and not worry about what happens to it, but on the other side I'd like to produce a different sound out of it. So what can I do to improve the guitar? Simple things...
LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULER
Yes its an acoustic guitar. Only like a $200 acoustic. Thanks. I'll look into it.
It's just got a different sound then all my other guitars; which is cool I guess, but I don't like it. I'd like it to sound more "clean", louder, and a little more bass.

Also. Is there a cool site I can check out for "accesssories? Things to add to the fret board, colored pins, or jsut anything off the wall that may be interesting?
add to the fretboard? Dont really think thats possible. Not without some serious work. There isn't a lot of "custom" work you can do yourself - not cheaply.

Bridge pins can be found on musiciansfriend.com, they have different colored ones...But I've found that ebony is the best material.

Ebony should add a little more bottom end to yours. I really think it'll do what you're looking for.
1 Cut notches in your bridge where the string threads through into the body that the string can lock into.

It'll look like this from the outside

and it'll look like this from the inside

Those notches make it so the ball end of the string hooks under the bridge plate more easily which will help improve the guitars sustain, responsiveness, and give you more volume.

2 Replace the plastic saddle with bone or tusq

3 Replace the nut with bone or tusq

4 Replace your plastic bridge pins with hardwood bridge pins.
Not taking any online orders.
yayz my martin has corian nut and tusq saddles!

bridge pins are plastic... where can i find hardwood pins?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by forsaknazrael
Cord, do you think tusq is better than bone?

Tusq is more consistant than bone. Sometimes I'll make a bone saddle, install it, and it'll sound bland. Then I'll make another bone saddle and put it in the same guitar and it'll sound great. It's because bone sometimes has patches that are more dence than others and this changes the sound. Tusq always sounds the same. I like a good bone saddle better than Tusq, but it's one of those personal things. I know many very good luthiers and musicians that won't use anything but Tusq.

where can i find hardwood pins?

www.lmii.com
Not taking any online orders.
is graphtech a good place to look to see what kind of options i have?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
i got a fat finger, i love it, grab one it makes it sustain longer, only not realy noticable on the acustics, but it adds a bit of defenition , and makes the low end more boomy
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff