Well, i'm only a junior in high school(EDIT!:That means i'm 16 years old, turning 17, not in junior high!) , but my dad always tells me it's good to know what you'd like to do in the future, so you can plan ahead. But i don't really know what i'd like to do..I'm not interested in anything particular. I've been searching around www.collegeboard.com/csearch/majors_careers/profiles/
for major's in college(definatly going to college) I'd like something i consider somewhat exciting, fun, and not your typical cubical job;because i've seen how crappy my dad's job is, even though he makes more than his boss now, but it's after he's been there for like 20 years. There are a few interesting careers i've read about..For example, there's physical jobs that i wouldn't be good at because i'm not in shape(extremely too skinny) such as your typical firefighter/cop jobs which are also fairly dangerous, but never boring. Then there's visual/performing art careers, by which the only one i could see myself getting good at was music..Which as a college career i can't see myself doing because i'm not any good at teaching, especially things other than guitar, and yes i know there's other musical things i can do afterwards but again, cant see myself doing those either.
Another one is psychology, i'm in a psychology elective class right now, but it's real boring, we just take notes all of the time, and with that career i can't see myself making much money without a phd, nor will i enjoy being some school psychologist and dealing with little emo's.

So basically, do you think there's any way to figure out what career you should shoot for? Or should i even bother worrying about what career i'm going to be going for until college when i've got to choose majors?
my gear:
Jackson DKMG(the one with EMG 81/85's)
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
old gear i'll probably sell eventually:
yamaha beginners guitar
gunmetal grey Fender squire strat
Fender 65R amp
Last edited by electricsnake at Oct 24, 2007,
You're dad's full of crap. You don't need to know what you want to do in Junior High, and nobody does.
I know i'm the only one who can decide, but my question was ultimately..how can i figure out the career i'll be successful at?

I'm a JUNIOR in HIGH SCHOOL, i guess if yur not American, junior=11th grade, where senior=12th
^to sargasm
my gear:
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
yamaha beginners guitar
Fender 65R amp
Quote by sargasm
You're dad's full of crap. You don't need to know what you want to do in Junior High, and nobody does.

its good to start thinking and researching a bit about where your interests can lead you to though.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
I'm in my last year of University in Biomedical Toxicology. I still have no idea what I want to do. I don't even think it will involve direct use of my major. Something I wish I'd have done now is take a general year for your first year and see what courses you like, what you're good at and hopefully they will be the same thing. Then go from there.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Seymour Duncan JB and SH-1 '59
Fender 1985 Made in Japan Stratocaster
Ibanez S470 DXQM Charcoal Brown
Simon Patrick CW Spruce Top Acoustic
Last edited by teamzaius at Oct 24, 2007,
#1. Find out what you love to do
#2. Find out how to make money by doing what you love.
#3. Find out how to be successful in that career and do it!
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
well consider what you like to do, and what classes you like in school. i liked math and science, and building stuff, thus -> civil engineering. just think abt stuff like that, and youll get it.
Quote by Dimebag22
This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.

yeah, thats me

member 42 of the Iron Maiden are gods club. PM revelations to join
I didn't know until my sophomore year of college. If you truly don't know, just admit you don't, go to the best school possible, and take general education requirements until you figure it out.

-SD
im in school now as a guitar performance major.

but let me tell you a secret, the world is going to **** you in the ass everyday.

upon transferring to this school, i tested into theory III, as a freshman. they kicked me out because i dont play piano. theres a lot more to this story, and well onow im gonna change my major to something i dont want to do. yeah, it doesnt matter what you pick, your screwed.
You're what, 12? 13? Wait a bit until after facial hair.
Quote by Meths
Really, it's quite gutting that we'll all be dead by the time the earth is entirely underwater because I really want to stick your head underwater while standing on Everest and say "if sea levels aren't rising, HOW COME YOU'RE DYING?!"
Tell you dad you plan on being a trophy husband. That's what I'm doing.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by electricsnake
nor will i enjoy being some school psychologist and dealing with little emo's.

I would find that interesting, in a funny way.

But on topic, are you a creative person or are you a text book person?
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by jammoe

seriously? noone knows that a junior in high school means 11th grade? **** i'll edit my post so i can stop having retards saying i'm still a 6th grader.
my gear:
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
yamaha beginners guitar
Fender 65R amp
Quote by jammoe

He's a junior in Highschool

that means 16/17

Learn to read, man
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
Quote by myself101
I would find that interesting, in a funny way.

But on topic, are you a creative person or are you a text book person?

more creative
my gear:
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
yamaha beginners guitar
Fender 65R amp
I'm a junior in highschool and I have no idea what to do with my life either. That's pretty normal amongst us, you know.
My dad didn't pick a career till 15 years ago.

Honestly the idea of a career doesn't suit me. I want to be able to do something that allows me to bounce around the world, and honestly, being adept at several skilled trades seems to be the most appealing route to that destination.

Settling on something that involves the rest of my life terrifies me.
Sargasm is correct. You are ahead of many by just thinking about this, man.

However, if you like psychology, don't think your class represents the field at all. Most psychologists don't even council others. Research is the big thing and it inculdes so many interesting things.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
I have no Idea either. My mom didnt know, and now shes a teacher, and my dad knew he would join the army for a few years... he ended up sticking to it and is now a colonel... In Iraq.

What I would do if I don't know by senior year, is go to college for free off a millitary scholarship, join for 4 years (required off scholarship) and hopefully by then youd know...
Quote by captainjackass
I have no Idea either. My mom didnt know, and now shes a teacher, and my dad knew he would join the army for a few years... he ended up sticking to it and is now a colonel... In Iraq.

What I would do if I don't know by senior year, is go to college for free off a millitary scholarship, join for 4 years (required off scholarship) and hopefully by then youd know...

i've been thinking navy since there's a less chance you'll die unless you're in the SEALs or something, if i do have to choose that route, is navy harder to get in than the army? like do you have to have a certain Gpa, or even a college degree beforehand?
my gear:
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
yamaha beginners guitar
Fender 65R amp
^ Pretty sure there is no degree required, as they were trying to get me in there right after I graduated high school.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
how about GPA? My friend's brother was gonna instantly be an officer since he got an insane score on the SAT's and had like a 4.2 gpa lol. But he's a fat lazy ass so he decided not to.
my gear:
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
yamaha beginners guitar
Fender 65R amp
first think about what are your better skills, on what are you good, and look for careers that ask you that skills and if there are a lot of careers then choose the one who call more your attention.
I am planning on taking a psychology class as soon as I can, its really interesting... and if you want to make lots of money psychology is pretty good depending on what kind of psychologist you are. In my middle school psychology class some dude came to talk to us, he as a sports psychologist who went under cancer surgery with no ansesthsia because the pain was all in his head.... o.O
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
Waking up with boobs? Is there a visine for that.
Quote by Alex The Red
He's a junior in Highschool

that means 16/17

Learn to read, man
I skimmed. I'm lazy. Who cares. I thought he said "junior highschool", and the way he typed didn't help.
Quote by Meths
Really, it's quite gutting that we'll all be dead by the time the earth is entirely underwater because I really want to stick your head underwater while standing on Everest and say "if sea levels aren't rising, HOW COME YOU'RE DYING?!"