Well, I am torn between companies, I am not sure if I should just save up and spend the money on a gibson lp or just buy an epi lp, are they worth it even to buy, i want a versitile guitar that can play everything from metal to blues to country and i figure a LP will give me the clean tone i am looking for, i have an expensive jackson that i love already but its only good for metal, so should i save and buy the LP or should i buy the epi.
i would save up for a gibson man. i started off with a epi LP then bought a gibson LP later and it pawns my epi. also for the long term gibsons r much better than epis.
I disagree completely with KroniKing, LP's can be really versatile. Personally, I don't like the necks, but you can get some great sound. What's your price range and how long have you been playing?
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
if u have the money, go for the gibson.. unless ur gonna get a epiphone elitist custom les paul. those r just as good as some gibsons.
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
I would honestly just save up for the Gibson, it will have better construction and better hardware. The stock pickups will also be way better than the stock Epiphone ones. And Gibsons tend to be a bit more impressive.

An LP will be good for everything from Clean Jazz to metal.
DRM, it's killing music.
Quote by KroniKing
Well LP's have humbuckers on them.. soo unless you're gonna change out the pickups you better look at another guitar. Unless im mistaken and they make LP's with single coils

Humbuckers play clean sounds aswell, the tone is just a bit thicker and rich compared to the "Bell tone" of single coils. A lot of jazz players use LPs and ES series guitars with humbuckers. Look at B.B. King, he plays all clean guitar sounds and his guitar uses humbuckers.
DRM, it's killing music.
Quote by Broelke4
I would honestly just save up for the Gibson, it will have better construction and better hardware. The stock pickups will also be way better than the stock Epiphone ones. And Gibsons tend to be a bit more impressive.

An LP will be good for everything from Clean Jazz to metal.

+13
Quote by cnut
When I was eight, me and my best friend started "practicing for girls".
Which involved us going into the woods, and him sticking his dick in my ass.
The last time we did it, his sister caught us.

use AVG as your anti-virus
Quote by KroniKing
Well LP's have humbuckers on them.. soo unless you're gonna change out the pickups you better look at another guitar. Unless im mistaken and they make LP's with single coils

Yes, you are mistaken.

There called p90's.

Essentially a really hot single coil.

Well you could get a

Gibson standard LP for $2000
a Gibson LP studio for $1000
an Epiphone Elitist LP $1000
or an Epiphone Custom $600

If you have the cash, go for either the Gibson Standard LP or the Epiphone Elitist LP.

they're identical in every way except for the name on the headstock.

If not, then you can save some money, but still have a great guitar and go for the Epiphone Custom. The pickups are a bit muddier sounding, and I'm pretty sure the body is made from atleast a half dozen pieces of wood, and it won't last you a lifetime like a more expensive guitar would.

but it's still a great guitar.

And by the way, let you're ears be your guide.

A poorly made guitar is a poorly made guitar no matter what brand's on the head stock.
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
Last edited by Alex The Red at Oct 24, 2007,
i have a better idea.

get an LTD H-1001 with the Seymour Duncan Custom 5/Jazz pups in it.

it's sexy
it's got extremely versatile pickups
the Jazz, obviously will account for your blues and jazz.
the SDC5 will account for everything else, as long as your amp provides the distortion neccessary for metal.
it's more of a clean-hard rock pup because it trades off some distortion for rich clean tones and better sound.
its got locking tuners
a much better nut to help keep intonation
and a locking saddle

edit:
it's around $800-900

it's really the definition of a versatile guitar

/thread?
Last edited by MrDURPEEDURP at Oct 24, 2007,
Get an SG, it'll do everything a Les Paul can, and cost less. And look better doing it. Just don't let go of the neck...
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
The good epi's are, IMO, better than Gibsons. Both can be made to sound and feel just as nice as each other, but the epi has a removable neck which makes longterm maintinance (like fretjobs and neck resets) much cheaper and easier.
Not taking any online orders.