I have a friend who doesnt have an account and hes looking for a new amp, yes hes a lazyass...

So he plays metal, stuff like pantera, sepultura, some COB, trivium. pretty heavy ****. So hes looking for an amp that can really crank it. I dont really know his price limit, but 1000+ is def too much. Hes looking for like 50-100 watts combo.

As far as what he has now, hes got a Gibson 59(i think?) reissue with a dimebucker in the bridge. Hes got a dimebag wah, some various other pedals also. But hes running it all through a line 6 spider so yeah...

What would be some brands/amps that would be good for his setup and genre liking?
epiphone les paul standard
peavey bandit 112
peavey rage 158
squier stagemaster fr

trueguitarhero
-You don't seem to realize that heaven and hell are just delusions created to control the masses through fear and false promises.
Sure, your friend is looking for an amp....
Just kidding. How about a 5150/6505? Or maybe an ENGL screamer, not sure about the price on those in the US, though.
Quote by kyrreca
Sure, your friend is looking for an amp....
Just kidding. How about a 5150/6505? Or maybe an ENGL screamer, not sure about the price on those in the US, though.

lol yeah i thought someone would say that.. but really he just asked me if i could post a thread for him... i wont be doing this again.

whats a 5150/6505?
peavey bandit 112
peavey rage 158
squier stagemaster fr

trueguitarhero
-You don't seem to realize that heaven and hell are just delusions created to control the masses through fear and false promises.
The 5150 is a Peavey amp that has gone out of production, but it's supposedly easy to find used. The 6505 is the newer version. They are generally considered to be excellent for high-gain stuff.
Quote by kyrreca
The 5150 is a Peavey amp that has gone out of production, but it's supposedly easy to find used. The 6505 is the newer version. They are generally considered to be excellent for high-gain stuff.

what about a peavy bandit?
peavey bandit 112
peavey rage 158
squier stagemaster fr

trueguitarhero
Quote by Serendipity
Not even close to 5150/6505. It can't touch them--can't even breathe on them.

yeah but those cost like over 1000$ how about something a little more affordable.
peavey bandit 112
peavey rage 158
squier stagemaster fr

trueguitarhero
Quote by liquidknowledg4
yeah but those cost like over 1000$ how about something a little more affordable.

^ Not true...

And they usually go out cheaper if you get a 5150 instead...
i heard those 5150's or 6505's sound a bit sterile...
i'd look at engls. you get very good dist and fendery cleans in one amp !
what about a randall warhead?

only combos people!
peavey bandit 112
peavey rage 158
squier stagemaster fr

trueguitarhero
If you're looking at Randalls, then the RG50TC would probably be your best bet. Give one of those a try.
http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?ItemPos=7&TempID=8&STRID=133650&Method=2&CategoryID=132&BrandID=1689&PriceRangeID=0&PageNum=0&DepartmentID=0&pagesize=10&SortMethod=2&SearchPhrase=&Contains=&Search_Type=SEARCH&GroupCode=

what about that?

I know nothing about amps.. but it seems reasonably affordable to a person who works part time... and it says its all tube. good for high gain?

also dudes... my friend is going to want to try the amp out before he buys... so something used on ebays probably out of the question.
peavey bandit 112
peavey rage 158
squier stagemaster fr

trueguitarhero
Quote by Denthúl
It's a decent amp, but it's not the heaviest, so it might not be able to cover his styles as well as he'd like. A Metal Muff or something would solve that problem. However, I still think this would be worth looking into.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RG50TC-50W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=481197

yeah hes going to get a distortion pedal so its all good. I see that randall is all tube 50w and the peavey is all tube 100, think you could help me figure this out? MY bud wants something that can be played at gigs, but also isnt too loud to practice at home with.
peavey bandit 112
peavey rage 158
squier stagemaster fr

trueguitarhero
50 watts valve is plenty. It will handle gigs easily. And at home you just have to turn down the master volume
Quote by Denthúl
50 watts valve is plenty. It will handle gigs easily. And at home you just have to turn down the master volume

So Randall 50Tc > Peavey Valveking 112?
peavey bandit 112
peavey rage 158
squier stagemaster fr

trueguitarhero
For metal, yeah, definitely. It can also do others styles, too. It's a good amp, and it has decent cleans, too. For what your friend wants, the Randall would definitely be the better choice.
NO tell him not to get a distortion pedal if he uses distortion mostly.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Denthúl
For metal, yeah, definitely. It can also do others styles, too. It's a good amp, and it has decent cleans, too. For what your friend wants, the Randall would definitely be the better choice.

thank you sir. and lastly, would he need a dist pedal?
peavey bandit 112
peavey rage 158
squier stagemaster fr

trueguitarhero
alright dudes thanks.
peavey bandit 112
peavey rage 158
squier stagemaster fr

trueguitarhero