Well everyone, instead of this being a should i buy this thread. . . its a i just bought it thread. Yes, i sold my 1991 Classic White Explorer w/ EMG's on ebay and as of 5 mins ago placed an order for the B.C. Rich Kerry King Signature V!!! I feel sad, about parting with the Explorer but alas, since the moment i saw the new KKV, i knew it had to be mine. And of course, i have a Gothic Explorer also which i kinda have always favored. And for those of you who arent familiar with this particular Kerry King Guitar (yea, hes got like 9 of em). Heres the specs: http://www.music123.com/B-C--Rich-Kerry-King-Signature-V-Electric-Guitar-with-Kahler-Tremolo-512691-i1276269.Music123

So, what do ya'll think?
Overpriced, like most signatures. But hey if you want to pay 20% extra to get his name, your call. It's a good guitar, but not worth a grand.
WTLTL 2011
You're a silly child in my opinion. But that's my opinion. I just dont like B.C. Rich guitars. I've owned one and i've play others and generally i find them not well built. Though i've never tried a KK signature so im not sure. You asked for my opinion, i gave it to you. I mean absotively no offence.
999 for a guitar thats neck through, made out of solid maple, EMG's, kahler trem, ebony fretboard, grover tuners, a badass graphic? lets compare that to a les paul studio and see whats over priced.
and you mister nirvallica, are basing your opinion off of some cheap bronze series piece of crap arent you?
The one i owned - yes. The other ones i've played no. Jeez, mate, calm down. I'm just giving you my honest opinion.
Quote by sestemofatowel
999 for a guitar thats neck through, made out of solid maple, EMG's, kahler trem, ebony fretboard, grover tuners, a badass graphic? lets compare that to a les paul studio and see whats over priced.

I have to agree with you on that. Those are some pretty solid specs. I'm personally not a fan of BC Rich, but that guitar looks like a good deal, especially considering it's a sig.
it irritates me because b.c. rich has such a bad reputation which of course, is justified, but this year they really realized some badass guitars. Now as you can see, im not some kid who's mezmerized but some goofy shape, which you should know considering you know that i atleast have owned 2 gibsons.
Honestly, I love B.C. Rich, it just upsets me that basically now they just make their living off of entry level guitars and hardly give any higher end options.

Still, I've played on a couple of their CS models, and I can say they are indeed the sex.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Why the hell are you asking for opinions? Just to flame every negative opinion you get with double posts?

We all know you love the guitar, because you bought it.
WTLTL 2011
Last edited by Mark G at Oct 24, 2007,
Please also specify in your title "I don't give a **** about your opinion I just want to show off my Kerry King BC RICH"
WTLTL 2011
This thread may have single-handedly changed my opinion about BC Rich. The more I think about the more I realize what a good deal that KK sig is. Unless I'm totally missing something, that's a damn good price for a guitar with those specs.

I'm still not a fan of most of their shapes(and the annoying fanboys they attract), but the features they cram into their higher end guitars deserve props...

EDIT: Damn lots of hate in this thread, lol...
Last edited by T!AN at Oct 24, 2007,
chill out, i havent even gotten it yet, hence no pictures. so next week, you can look out for that thread. hahahaha. . . pwned
HEAR HEAR.

What?
Oh, yeah? HOW ABOUT I TEAR YOUR SPINE OUT?!

-Gear-
Epiphone G-400 Vintage SG
Marshall MG Series 30DFX.
ESP LTD AX-400 (My baby)
yeah so when you get it, let us know how badass it is..

and in a few months how you regret your buy

There are pleeenty of guitars with 81 and 85, and floyd rose copies for < 1000

Tonnes of jacksons, ltds, ibanezes

do you love kerry king or do you just wanna look like a badass?
Dude, kahler tremolo's kick the living crap out of floyd rose's nads so hard. . . ok, so you know what? balls. . . T!AN is my new best friend, because hes knows whats up. These specs appear on 2000 dollar jacksons.
Holy shi... 24 frets, OFR, neck-thru, ebony fret board. Those specs more than make up for that ugly ass inlay, lol...

sestemofatowel you might have turned my into a BC Rich fan...

And henza_x, most guitars that are less than a thousand aren't neck thru and the Kahler on the KK sig is probably way more solid than the LFRs you see on other guitars in the price range...
nirvallica i disagree with u opinion of bc wot style of music did u play on it because they do sound bad when you try to play more acoustic stuff but theyr made for metal. anywayz you shud bought a Dean they sound amazing and ive negver played a better guitar apart from like a 3grand jackson. Has any 1 seen the new neck through 5 string warlock 1 now have ! (HELL YEH)

ps (lol) im makin a dave mustane Vs James Hetfeild soon
Last edited by St Dan at Oct 24, 2007,
yea, if theres anything the market is missing, its badass v's. I dont dig the whole super skinny jackson and esp look. and i defantly dont want a gibson cause they're so oldschool looking, and gibson's quality has been going to **** lately. Ive got a truckster, a GL-600, and a synyster custom (i dont copy people, i just like signatures cause they look different, not so plain) among other guitars including a gibson gothic ex, blah blah blah yea. so ive defantly got stuff to compare them too. And to all who think that a kahler is a floyd copy need to do some research. anyone who is educated in such products would never want to touch a floyd again.
Quote by sestemofatowel
Dude, kahler tremolo's kick the living crap out of floyd rose's nads so hard. . . ok, so you know what? balls. . . T!AN is my new best friend, because hes knows whats up. These specs appear on 2000 dollar jacksons.

I agree i've got an old fender heavy metal strat with a Kahler spyder Most stable trem i've ever played thats for sure!!
St dan you may be correct. I did play metal on it. but i only like to play metal when using ****ing good equiptment. And the BC rich in my opinion wasn't that great. Not nearly as good as ESP Vipers and handmade guitars i've played.

And TS, notice how i can take other people's opinion into account, not just "oh you're so uneducated, you haven't tried it out, wah wah wah." I never said i'd tried it out or said yours was bad, i said all the BC righ guitars I've tried are poorly made. Poorly made guitars make for poor sustain and tone. I would know, i have worked as a luthier. And maybe if you wanted the opinion of "educated people" you should of asked for people who have owned that specific guitar. I don't want to argue, you made me. Grow up
i personally wouldnt get a signature guitar unless i was a collector, but its ur choice.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Ewwww Solid Maple Body? That'll be hideously bright and heavy....
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Maple body and EMG's i dont think would sound that great.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Dude if you're going to insult people cause you wanted a opinon you should ask then.You wanted opinions you got a opinion.

Good luck on your search.
That many guitars, and you play through a MG100 halfstack? IMO (yes, I bolded the IMO up because you seem to be quite sensitive to critics), that's a bit stupid.

Anyways. Well, it's not a bad value. I would never buy a neck-thru, maple bodied and maple necked guitar, with EMGs to brighten things even more, but that's up to you.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
this thread somehow reminds of the guy that bought that Tom Delogne-sig...
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
I think it's ugly.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
Stats sound neat, but can't say I'm a big fan of the design, especially not a fan of those headstocks.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
The Kahler X series tremolo is actually equivalent of licensed floyds. Dunno how well those hold tunings.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
Quote by MrCarrot
Ewwww Solid Maple Body? That'll be hideously bright and heavy....

I remember someone that ordered a Jackson made completely out of flamed maple and he didn't complain about bad tone.

EDIT:

Here you go:

You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Oct 24, 2007,
Quote by Bonsaischaap
I remember someone that ordered a Jackson made completely out of flamed maple and he didn't complain about bad tone.

EDIT:

Here you go:

that is sex-eeeee
and the main problems with Bc Rich's new models is, there dragging you in with the OFR and such, but its the body wood is their usual downfall
^ most of them are nato. just because it was used as a cheap alternative to mahogany doesnt make it a bad tonewood at all. i prefer it to mahogany myself

anyway to the TS. i think a lotof the bc rich stuff in the £400+ range (probably cheaper in US so i'll say $600) are very good guitars for the money, but you are clearly just here to brag about a guitar no one REALLY cares about. anyone who puts down bc rich immediately gets flamed by you with some poor comment. If you want to brag about the KK, delete this thread, start a new one saying "Check out my new BC Rich KK sig" show some pictures say what you like and don't like.

make your spam a decent read at least
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD