guitarists like PGM and EVH use their right index finger in two-hand tapping. while guitarists like... err... mr kristofer dahl etc etc... and me, use the right middle finger.

so, are there any advantages preffering the index than the middle and vice versa?
Quote by tubab0y
Look at it this way- everyone rags on air guitar here because everyone can play guitar. If we were on a lawn mower forum, air guitar would be okay and they would ridicule air mowing.

P-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-personal preference!!!!

I use mainly use my middle finger, so I can keep the pick between the index and thumb. If the tapping part requires me to use two fingers on my right hand, I'll use the index and middle fingers, and put the pick in my mouth or throw it on the floor.
really?

i just thought about this because of the rise of the "anchoring" stuff...
Quote by tubab0y
Look at it this way- everyone rags on air guitar here because everyone can play guitar. If we were on a lawn mower forum, air guitar would be okay and they would ridicule air mowing.

well, to hold your pick normally and tap, its way easier with the middle finger, EVH held the pick between his thumb and middle finger to tap with the index, try it, its awkward at first, but theres alot more control if you use your index finger to tap.(but i still use my middle finger to tap, thanks to kristofer dahl lol)
As previously mentioned, personal preference. A lot of people say they get more control out of their index but I seem to get more out of my middle finger. Seems logical since the middle finger is longer, but it's not the norm. It's all about what works for you.
Orange Rockerverb 100 + Orange PPC412
Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Ibanez RGA121 Prestige
Fender Road Worn Player's Telecaster
Well, if you're using tapping to quickly extend arpeggios, you're going to have to use your middle finger because the time between your sweeping and tapping is so short. But if you have the time to pop the pick underneath your middle finger, then you can use your index.
If you are just using one finger, yeah, it is just personal preference. I use my middle finger. It's easiest for me because it is my stronger finger, therefore, it is easier to tap and have control over my tapping.