Hello
iam kinda new to bass and some what lost,ive mainley tried playing after tabs and some other things cant come up whith the name on english now:P anyhow iam wondering what things should i look into when playing on bass anyone have links for exercises?
ore recomend what one should really work on as a beginner,ive been meaning to pick up some beginner books but havent had the time yet for it might do it this week but for now maybe some of you more experinced bass players have tips for a beginner what to do and not do

//Have a Nice Day^^
Last edited by Nexium at Oct 24, 2007,
Simple 2-3-4-5 runs are good. Make sure to train your pinky, otherwise you'll have problems using it as well as the other fingers. Otherwise, simply find songs you'd like to play and practice them until you can. Always find new songs to practice.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by Raziel2p
Simple 2-3-4-5 runs are good. Make sure to train your pinky, otherwise you'll have problems using it as well as the other fingers. Otherwise, simply find songs you'd like to play and practice them until you can. Always find new songs to practice.

+1

And slapping.
Thanks for the tips, add some more if you know anything that whould suit a beginner
just went down to the music store was gonna pick up a book there but they hadent gott any books in yet,so ill hafto wait untill next week.

do you Guys/girls recomend any good tabs to start whith ive mainley been playing after some old Misfits songs mainley cause i listen to them alot and have some what of a clue how it suppose to sound
When I started playing Bass I jsut learnt my favourite bands songs, the easy ones, got lessons and tabs straight off of here. I also messed about alot, just playing my own thing and creating riffs.

Start off small and progress that way, When I started I looked straight away at slap bass, without practicing all the crucial stuff first. Got me a bit confused and I stopped playing for ages. Back on track now though.

Mat