hi fellow guitar playing dudes and chicks,

i was wondering what u guys thought of Epiphone SG310's. im currently thinking of buying one. mainly cause i like the look, the fact it has humbuckers, and the ultra low and nice looking price tag, as im only 14 and work washing dishes part time lol

have any of u guys got one? or played one? i havent had time to get to my local store and play one yet so any advice or information would be apreciated!

Oh and by the way i have been playing since i was about 5 lol so im not exactly a bigginer.

thanks dudes!
i say save for th epi g-400

it looks and sounds way nicer
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
The g400 is much better, with the full mahogany body + neck and the set neck, wheras the G310 has the improper plywood and bolt-on construction.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
A friend of mine has one.
After a year he had to bring to the store: the pickups were loose and buzzing, the jack was broken, most of the electronics had to be replaced, some frets were loose and there was a hump in the wood of the neck.
He never gigged with it, just played at home.

Maybe just one case, but read a bunch of reviews before you decide to buy it, maybe there are more examples like this.
Quote by scottishmob

This is a site for musicians and you're all crying about the sad state of rock? Fuck that. I'm going to practice more and take over radio. I advise you all to do the same.
The g400 plays alot better and it's like $100 more. It's worth the time to save up for it... The neck is so different and looks and pickups are much better.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix
ok dudes. well i have read heaps of reviews and they all say that its a sweet guitar lol

a mate has a g400 and i like it its a nice guitar however i prefer the big pick guard. i guess ill just try out the g310 first out and then make a decision but anyways thanks heaps guys its good to get some advice!
The G310 isn't nearly as good as the G400. Bear in mind everybody writing those reviews will be new guitarists and still be in the honeymoon period. I've played G400s and they're nice pieces of kit, good for the price and much better than the G310. They sound more like real SGs. A pickguard is just a petty aesthetic thing, choosing a G310 over a G400 for the pickguard is like choosing a Volkswagen Polo over an Audi RS4 because the Golf has a black seatbelt.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
G-400, trust me its worth it.

Ive got the deluxe which is the same as the normal one just different finish.

They stay in tune, (grover tuners) set neck, moahogany body, they sound great and are cheap. You can get one for £190 now ($380 roughly).
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
Last edited by stratele at Oct 25, 2007,
Quote by MrCarrot
The G310 isn't nearly as good as the G400. Bear in mind everybody writing those reviews will be new guitarists and still be in the honeymoon period. I've played G400s and they're nice pieces of kit, good for the price and much better than the G310. They sound more like real SGs. A pickguard is just a petty aesthetic thing, choosing a G310 over a G400 for the pickguard is like choosing a Volkswagen Polo over an Audi RS4 because the Golf has a black seatbelt.

lol nice analogy, very nice. lol yeh i do sound like a bit of a dip**** making that comment lol but yeh ill take into account what u dudes have said i most probably will get the g400 and also do any of u guys have a pic of the g400 ebony?

cheers
The bolt-ons on the low end Epiphones are horrid. Very flimsy and transfer hardly any vibration whatsoever.

And the thing is made out of like 2352 pieces of alder.

Don't do that to yourself.

Get a Samick TR1 or TR2 instead.

Better balance and specs
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
The g-400 is so much better and it costs just a little bit more.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
Quote by MrCarrot
The g400 is much better, with the full mahogany body + neck and the set neck, wheras the G310 has the improper plywood and bolt-on construction.

he said it, plywood. You can't get it anymore, it'd be better to flip over a trash can and practice drums
Quote by FacingUsAll
The bolt-ons on the low end Epiphones are horrid. Very flimsy and transfer hardly any vibration whatsoever.

And the thing is made out of like 2352 pieces of alder.

Don't do that to yourself.

Get a Samick TR1 or TR2 instead.

Better balance and specs

i already have a samick lol