the other guitarist in my band is looking to get a line 6 uber metal. yea, i know i dont like it either. anyway, part of why he wants it is for the built in noise gate. anyone know how good the noise gate is? will it cut the feedback on just the pedal or the amp too?
tell him not to get it, get a metal muff or a DS-1 instead!
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
just tell him not to get the uber metal
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Wow. You guys must not have played around with it enough not to like it. It's wicked versatile and yes, the noise gate does help. If you set it on the highest setting though it tends to reduce pinch harmonics a little bit, but the middle setting is fine.
Quote by rcw110131
Wow. You guys must not have played around with it enough not to like it. It's wicked versatile and yes, the noise gate does help. If you set it on the highest setting though it tends to reduce pinch harmonics a little bit, but the middle setting is fine.

I had it for a year, it's wank. It forces you to scoop your mids, that was my main hate.
Quote by SG thrasher
I had it for a year, it's wank. It forces you to scoop your mids, that
was my main hate.

Umm, no? Lol, the mids are just a little counterintuitive and take a while to realize how the two knobs interact. In no way does it force you to scoop your mids, it can turn them up higher than the bass and treble.
Quote by SG thrasher
I had it for a year, it's wank. It forces you to scoop your mids, that was my main hate.

The scoop knob works both ways actually, turn it up (clockwise) and you scoop your mids but if you turn it down (anti-clockwise) it actually boosts the mids; combine that with 3 different gain voicings and a mid frequency adjust and I'd say it's pretty damn versatile.

TS: The noise gate is very good; it just about eliminates feedback and hiss at very high gain through a cranked amp without actually interfereing with the sound in a noticable way.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.