i found an used 1989 USA Fender heavy metal strat for 500$.Does anyone have info on this guitar?Like the style its suited or the body,comfort etc..
my buddy has something similar except it's MIJ and an '87 model. it has DiMarzio humbucker bridge + 2 single coils. 500 seems a very nice price for a MIA. have you checked harmony central's reviews?
yes , i did , the reviews were almost totally positive , i just wanted to get more commentations on the guitar.It is suitable for the 80's sound like metallica and testament i believe. I was wondering if it could handle cleaner stuff like pink floyd or anathema..
Quote by Nibiru
yes , i did , the reviews were almost totally positive , i just wanted to get more commentations on the guitar.It is suitable for the 80's sound like metallica and testament i believe. I was wondering if it could handle cleaner stuff like pink floyd or anathema..

Aren't you going to be able to try it out?

Of course, especially with Ebay, trying a guitar before you buy it can be impossible, but I'd still recommend trying to arrange a face to face meeting.

This way you'll be able to inspect the instrument (in this case it's 18 years old, which is plenty of time to develop some wear and tear) and you can judge the sound for yourself.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
I own a 1990 American HM Strat with DiMarzios and a Floyd Rose-Kahler locking tremolo. That thing NEVER goes out of tune. And the neck on that thing is PERFECT. Awesome guitar for metal. They sell for as much as $800-$1,000 used. For $500, that's a great deal! What color is it?

American HM Strat | LP Studio
Soldano Avenger w/DeYoung OT | Mark IV rackmount | DC-3 rackmount | Single-Recto

its metallic black, and i tried it today , its in great shape for an 18 year old guitar , and very comfortable i must say, its real good chance for me
Could you suggest a new humbucker for it ? Im gonna change it maybe ,
( the axe has a coil tap )
Quote by joeymaxx
Dimarzio's are pretty good I would say, unless your not happy with the dimarzio, i wouldn't change it.
I agree. The stock DiMarzios are great and plenty loud.

Quote by Nibiru
its metallic black, and i tried it today , its in great shape for an 18 year old guitar , and very comfortable i must say, its real good chance for me
Could you suggest a new humbucker for it ?
What an awesome color! Wanna trade?
American HM Strat | LP Studio
Soldano Avenger w/DeYoung OT | Mark IV rackmount | DC-3 rackmount | Single-Recto

Last edited by LEVEL4 at Oct 25, 2007,
Rio Grande pickups, just got mine and they are awesome(got the crunchbox and punchbox) and buy the guitar