i dont think it should, but you never know. I've played guitars with similar type tremelos, and as long as you dont do any serious dive bombs on the first day, and let the strings stretch out for a while by pulling it up every few minutes and retuning, it should be fine.

I wouldn't mind playin this one, it would be perfect for jazz.
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
yeah it was pretty sweet. The guys in the shop were all like you should try a strat. so i did. I tried about 5 guitars and i could have played that one all day. It has the humbuckers to get gritty, nice top fret accessibility. Now i have to get £700!
Quote by TheBeatles64
Strange, kinda looks like a rickenbacker

My first thought as well.

As far as the trem goes, I haven't heard of cases where properly installed Bigsby were causing all kinds of tuning problems (keep in mind they're made for light vibrato, not to lift the guitar up by the bar).
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
I REALLY LIKE THOSE!!!!

http://www.duesenberg.de/duesenberg/en_hb_starplayertv.php

I am SO going to buy that guitar. I wonder if there is a dealer near me. Those are some cool looking guitars! Me likey.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Classic Ebony with gold hardware
Fender American Stratocaster 3 color sunburst maple fretboard tortoise shell pickguard
Martin 000-M Auditorium
Mesa Boogie F-50
Maxon OD-9
Dunlop 535Q Wah pedal
I've never tried any, but they look good. my nearest Guitar Guitar has a few Duesenbergs in which look good. I think I might have heard somebody a while ago playing one, but I'm not too sure, but it sounded good.
Quote by Bonsaischaap
My first thought as well.

As far as the trem goes, I haven't heard of cases where properly installed Bigsby were causing all kinds of tuning problems (keep in mind they're made for light vibrato, not to lift the guitar up by the bar).

ah right i've never used one before,
also i'm not a japenese guitar wizard

edit: Duesenberg appreciation group anybody?
Last edited by yeoman125 at Oct 24, 2007,
Quote by yeoman125
ah right i've never used one before,
also i'm not a japenese guitar wizard

edit: Duesenberg appreciation group anybody?

The person you're thinking about is probably the Chinese Pro tools abuser known as Herman Li.

By the way, whilst pulling of crazy whammy bar stunts might look kickass, nothing spells "cool" like some subtle Bigsby vibrato:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xe-QZTMiIws

(I know it's not a Bigsby but he does have that lovely nice vibrato on the chords after the first theme)
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Oct 24, 2007,
chinese?????? bugger
*hangs head in shame*

yeah i think its best not to try and use it as a rule, but use it when it sounds right.
Quote by yeoman125
chinese?????? bugger
*hangs head in shame*

yeah i think its best not to try and use it as a rule, but use it when it sounds right.

That's very true.

Some whammy stuff can be a nice touch, but moderation is the key. Also, not that it should matter, but a Bigsby has the abbility to make almost any guitar look like some kind of cool vintage or reissue instrument.
I'm looking for reviews now, they're all in bloody german!
It's going to take me ages to read these.
Quote by yeoman125
I'm looking for reviews now, they're all in bloody german!
It's going to take me ages to read these.

Well, it will be good for your linguistic skills

Anyway, why not read through these:

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar/brand/Duesenberg

They may not be of this particular guitar, but they will give you an idea of the general quality and appreciaton of their products.