Hey,

I've just bought a Lite Ash Tele, and I need to get an amp, because...I don't have one.
At the moment, I play an electro acoustic through a Roland AC60 (Cost me about £300).

Problem: I only have about £150 to spend on an amp, which will allow me to play loud enough for a band practice, but mainly as just a home practice amp.

Can I play my Tele through my acoustic and get an ok sound and save up until after christmas?

If not, what amp should I be looking at - I played the Orange Crush 30 and was very impressed.

Thanks.
if you are a fan of cleans then an acoustic amp should sound great. well that's not a rule, but i've played through many an acoustic amp with an electric and it sounded quite nice

i don't know how distortion would turn out though, probably badly. but it would suffice til xmas definitely. if you can happily save up more, then do so, it can never be a bad idea
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
I'd wait until christmas, however the Orange Rocker 30 or perhaps a Roland cube 30?
Valve Junior heads go for around £100. Would you be able to use the acoustic amp as a cab?
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
I think the VJ head only has a 4ohm output, so it would require modification, but i'm not entirely sure on that one.
Quote by Kutanmoogle

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
i agree that it would depend on what you are playing as to whether or not an acoustic amp would do, i would normally reccomend a marshall but if you like orange thats fine as well (they might be even better), and combined with that tele twang i think you could probably get a good enough sound until you can afford an amp

good luck dude!
Quote by punchadonkey
I played the Orange Crush 30 and was very impressed.

Save your money. If you were impressed with an Orange Crush, you'll be blown away when you play a real amp. A 15W all valve combo will take care of all your amp needs for years to come. Maybe you can find one used... ?

If not; sit tight. Don't burn your cash on a sub-par amp.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by Storm_Bringer_
I think the VJ head only has a 4ohm output, so it would require modification, but i'm not entirely sure on that one.

It has a 4, an 8, and a 16
^ well then yes the ac60 can be used as a cab, you just have to take the wire running from the speaker to the head of the combo (may need to attach a 1/4" jack) and then check the ohm rating on the speaker, stick it in the corresponding output on the empi head and away you go.

however this isn't suited for hard rock and beyond
Quote by Kutanmoogle

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by Storm_Bringer_

nah, the head has 4, 8 and 16 ohm outputs...

Quote by slatsmania
Save your money. If you were impressed with an Orange Crush, you'll be blown away when you play a real amp. A 15W all valve combo will take care of all your amp needs for years to come. Maybe you can find one used... ?

If not; sit tight. Don't burn your cash on a sub-par amp.

i haven't tried it, but the laney lc15 should be available for £150... at least it used to be. Might be worth considering.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
VOX AD50vt are about £130, great little amps

EDIT: Congrats on the Lite Ash Tele buy, they're wicked
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
What are the chances of bumping into a member of Donkey Punch on here!

Congrats on the telecaster, lovely guitars

Save the money until you can afford a nice used valve combo. As already mentioned, Laney LC15, Epi Valve Junior. You wont regret going tube.
You won't be around forever girl, you gotta grab life with both hands.

Gear:
USA Fender Telecaster
Tweed Fender Blues Junior
Boss DD-3
Boss RC-2
Boss BD-2
Boss GE-7
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
Handmade AB box
MXR Micro Amp Clone
Thanks for all your replies, much appreciated. I am very excited about the Tele which should be here soon.

I'll take into consideration all of the amps mentioned, but I am now interested in this whole Tube Amp thing. Especially the Laney. I need something of reasonable quality which will last me a while (and through uni).