I usually just buy tickets from Live Nation or Ticketmasters online, but I'm wondering, is there a cheaper way? They both charge all these taxes and "convenience" charges... do all these extra charges also apply when buying them from a retail outlet? Also, is there any site/store that sells them for cheaper?

The thing is, the tickets are usually cheap, maybe 20-30$ and even at most, it was like 50$ for Slayer and Manson, which are two really big bands. But now Tool is coming to Houston and I can't find anything cheap, and on top of that, it's even hard just to plan find tickets... Ticketmaster aren't even selling them and Live Nation has the worst tickets.
Honestly, Tool kinda sucked this last time around. I spent $70 on one of the sh*ttiest possible seats and they there was just no energy. I was dissappointed. I guess they're getting old.

Anyways, my suggestion is that you go to the actual venue and buy the tickets few weeks before the show.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Quote by x_thurston_x
Honestly, Tool kinda sucked this last time around. I spent $70 on one of the sh*ttiest possible seats and they there was just no energy. I was dissappointed. I guess they're getting old.

Anyways, my suggestion is that you go to the actual venue and buy the tickets few weeks before the show.

Well, the concert is on Nov. 16th... would they have any better seats available?
that's what I would do.... I went to Roger Waters last June, paid $60 a ticket day of show. But if I would have ordered the same seat online, it would have been $75 to start, and $85 a week after. God what a show though..... soooo worth the $150 I blew in four hours
****! Just called and they said they released more tickets yesterday... God damn, I want to go!
This is a bit risky, but because im rather poor at the moment i dont really have a choice, within a week or so of the gig, unless its sold out, there's usually a few tickets that pop up in which people are selling for cheap because they dont need them any more, and just wanna get rid of them for any cash they can get. Ive gone to a few shows for only a third of the price just because someone has had a spare ticket and wants to make a bit of cash rather than having their ticket go to waste.