I bought one of these earlier today (It was a game one) but it doesn't work , i've tryed plugging it in to both slots and tried the controllers in loads of different positions but it doesn't work.

Does anyone have any idea how to get these working?

Anyone own one?
if its an old ps2 one, and you have a ps2 slimline, it wont fit
2 ducks and a rabbi walk into a bar.
The rabbi enjoys a nice drink and the ducks are shooed out so that health services aren't called in.
The day proceeds as normal.
is it new or second hand? (the multi tap)
2 ducks and a rabbi walk into a bar.
The rabbi enjoys a nice drink and the ducks are shooed out so that health services aren't called in.
The day proceeds as normal.
Look at the model number for your multitap.

If it says SCPH-1000, etc. it is supposed to be for the older, thick PS2s.

If it says SCPH-7000, etc. it is supposed to be for the slim PS2s.

You might just have the wrong one.
Quote by magnus_maximus
I wouldst apprentice thee, but I would levy a fee...

hey no ripping off other people's words ...grrrr
It's definitely the right one but when i plug it in the controllers are just like dead , its like they aren't plugged in.
Quote by im_hungry
It's definitely the right one but when i plug it in the controllers are just like dead , its like they aren't plugged in.

Take it back and get another one? >_>
Quote by ep1kz
wtf? why didnt you punch one of them in the face or something? they're not girls, they are fat chavs, they are their own gender
Just like the same with my friends multitap... Except we managed to get the controllers to work. After 15-25 minutes of screwing around. It was some HotCatz multitap, if I remember right. Well try screwing around like we did, or take it back to the store and say it doesn't work.
Quote by im_hungry
But the packed has been torn

...get one off eBay then >_>
Quote by ep1kz
wtf? why didnt you punch one of them in the face or something? they're not girls, they are fat chavs, they are their own gender
i have one, plug it into the first slot and dont plug anything into the second slot, make sure the game is computable and if its still not working return the thing,

btw if its 1-2 players it wont work it has to be 1-4 player and make sure thats not online
Turn the PS2 off, plug it in and turn it on.

Other than that, take it back to the shop, it wont matter that the packet is opened as it's faulty, as long as you have proof of purchase(a recipt)or however it's spelt.