any thoughts on this guitar from anyone would be helpful.

it looks beautiful and i need to know how it plays
I own one.

It's a set neck, although it feels like a neck through, so upper fret access is easy and comfortable.

The neck itself is thinner than a Les Paul, but thicker than Ibanez necks, and painted. Although I don't feel it makes the neck any "slower."

I like the idea that it has two volume knobs, one for each pickup, and the pickups themselves are great for anything heavy.

I've tried other guitars in the same price range, but always went back to the Hellraiser. I love it. But it's all MY personal opinion.

I'd suggest trying it out for yourself and do your own comparison.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
i have had one of my friends say almost the same things about it
i am going to get my hands on one this weekend.
Just tried one at GC a couple hours ago. The FR model. It was okay. I'll ignore my complaints against the FR bridge. Although it didn't feel as sturdy as the Ibanez Edge bridges I tried after it (Vai Jem and Satriani JS1000). As far as the knobs, I thought it was awful. I don't know what they were trying to do but heres how it works. The top one, the easiest to get to, is the neck pickup. This is the pickup that I would do the least on the fly adjustments too so this placement is bad. The middle one is volume for the bridge. The 3rd is tone. Now heres the thing, to me, there only seems to be 2 volume controls for the SOLE purpose of having the "stutter" effect with the selector switch. I say this because get this, if you have either volume control down while in the middle pickup position, there is NO SOUND! you have to have both full (or both half or whatever you want but its very quiet with half).

Get rid of all of the electronics and replace with 1 volume, 2 tone (needs it) and replace the EMG's with Duncans (my opinion) and it would be a great guitar.
Samick SPG650FF SBS Electric
Washburn D34 Acoustic
Peavey Valve King 212
Boss ME-50
Quote by Guitarman19853

Get rid of all of the electronics and replace with 1 volume, 2 tone (needs it) and replace the EMG's with Duncans (my opinion) and it would be a great guitar.

If you were to replace the pickups with Duncans, might as well get a Schecter Blackjack instead, as they come with a JB/'59 set. The EMGs are part of what makes the Hellraiser the Hellraiser. At least IMO.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
That was just an opinion though. The other Schecters dont come with the OFR. its just a LFR. Pickups are a matter of opinion, but the control layout is just awful and i'll stand by that one.
Samick SPG650FF SBS Electric
Washburn D34 Acoustic
Peavey Valve King 212
Boss ME-50
The C-1 Hellraiser is a great guitar. I personally find the neck to be very comfortable. Some people don't like it. You should try it before.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore