Right, my band has our first gig, its for charity in Rainworth, Mansfield in the UK. There are loads of local acts playing, and all 500 tickets have been sold. I'm so nervous...help?

Cheers

PLOP
Quote by Aussie_skater
everyone listen to PLOP he knows the way of the forum samurai

Quote by Seth Shadows
^PLOP = Best, username, ever.

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9
dont screw it up
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Because when I was younger I would wrap dollar bills around my wang while masturbating to get that extra dirty feeling.

Even though I quit doing it, it still turns me on when I see money.

Http://magnumman.dmusic.com
just kidding...but seriously, dont make an ass out of your self that would be embarrassing

just practice, concentrate, after getting through the first tune you'll be fine
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Because when I was younger I would wrap dollar bills around my wang while masturbating to get that extra dirty feeling.

Even though I quit doing it, it still turns me on when I see money.

Http://magnumman.dmusic.com
Quote by madesofspades
Make sure you know how to rock a crowd and dont be a f*cking n00B!

its his first gig what do u expect?

just try to be entertaining to watch, but not excessive flashyness.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
omg 500 people? **** I wouldn't know what to do!
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Quote by PLOP
Right, my band has our first gig, its for charity in Rainworth, Mansfield in the UK. There are loads of local acts playing, and all 500 tickets have been sold. I'm so nervous...help?

Cheers

PLOP

practice. until its natural. then rock out.

Btw theres no point being nervous, no one is nervous watching you.
Practice and just have fun, its what it's all about. T'is what I did at my first gig.
Thank you all so much for your help!

Kudo's fellow UG people!

PLOP
Quote by Aussie_skater
everyone listen to PLOP he knows the way of the forum samurai

Quote by Seth Shadows
^PLOP = Best, username, ever.

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9
Also, one thing I do is just get to the point where you look out into the crowd and nobody's there, if you know what I mean. Pretend you're playing for like 3 of your best mates or something, and don't worry about screwing up. Because chances are, you won't.

Most of all, have fun. It's why you're playing right? <Insert stereotypical "dont just stand there" comment here>
Pretend it's a practice on a stage. That's what I did for my first "big" show.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
I'd hold a small gig in a garage for your friends a day or two before the real gig. They can tell you what you are doing wrong and you can get an idea of what its like to play a gig.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I'm sure not alllll 500 will be present when you play. (Especially if you are playing first/near first/at some time not near whoever is a major player there.)
i read this somewhere on the UG forums and it went something like this:
"just think: everyone else is jealous of you. everyone in that crowd wishes they where on the stage, with hundreds of people screaming for them. you have what they want"
Who decided that pie would be sold on Tuesday but not Wednesday?
There won't be 500 people there, and even though it's been said a zillion times... Just have fun!
"If you're going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don't even start..."
Charles Bukowski
bite a bat's head off.

People dont be hatin'....there will be at least 250! which is great. My band's first real gig had no more than 20 and i 10 of them had my last name haha
i find you're 20 times LESS likely to make a mistake on stage than when practising. i dont know how this works but somehow it does!
Quote by snipelfritz
Yeah well the Nazi Horn conquers the French Horn in two weeks.

Halogen Lights
Quote by JoshCrawford
practice. until its natural. then rock out.

Btw theres no point being nervous, no one is nervous watching you.

Actually it's is good to be a bit nervous because that gives you the fun of doing it.
It would get really boring if you wouldn't be nervous.
Looking for a new sig!
good luck, hombre : )

practice your songs until you know them backwards and upside down before the gig,

then make sure you get into it, at least a little. i find you feel more confident when you're moving around and you've expelled a bit of nervous energy. that's what works for me anyway.

what kind of stuff do you play?
lol my band was gonna do our first gig at this huge youth rally that was for sure gonna have 400 people on nov 24th but we just had to pull out cause we figured we just werent ready, mainly cause our lead guitarist quit so our rythm guitarist/singer had to go to lead and he cant sing while on lead so we need a new singer....bad luck, but ya, what everyone else said
my first gig was in front of my entire high skool... plus parents and teachers and the such.

great thing is, the skool population was 604, and there were four of us on stage... so there were like 600+ people watchin a 16 year old me jam on "Polly"
hilarious because we were supposed to only be up for 3 mins and we took it to like 7

... we added a 2 min double drum solo (the bassist put down his bass and picked up some sticks)
You'll probably be fine after the first few songs, that's what usually happens. Don't look straight into the crowd until you know you'll be fine, and don't ever think about how many people will be watching you, or how bad it will be if you mess up - don't ever think that. Just think about nothing except the music and putting on a good show.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY