Hiya everyone, I was deciding on buying new pickups for my guitar and I was considering putting an Evolution in the bridge and and Evolution 2 in the neck, would this screw up the sound? would it even be any good in my kind of guitar? I play an Ibanez RG3EX1, it's a string thru basswood guitar. Thanks in advance
Thats what im going for in my RG550MxxDY....Which is basswood too...... Evolution neck or Breed neck for me, kinda iffy about what to choose but the Evo2 Is defo going bridge-bound.

PSN ID: ArranP
I think the 3EX1 is maple or some other bright tonewood.

The Evos are unforgiving BTW. If you are sloppy look elsewhere.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
well seeing as evolutions were built for basswood ibanez + dimarzio are practically brother and sister
Ibanez RG1570
Randall RG75G3
EHX Metal Muff
Quote by AngerIsAGift06
well seeing as evolutions were built for basswood ibanez + dimarzio are practically brother and sister

Ah, thanks. I know I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but by the time I can muster that kind of money I think I should be a lot better off.
same, I got an Evo in the bridge position on my RG1570... excellent pickup for basswood guitars
Quote by aznrockerdude
I think the 3EX1 is maple or some other bright tonewood.

The Evos are unforgiving BTW. If you are sloppy look elsewhere.

If anything thats good. Makes you practice more effectively for a completely clean technique

Quote by apmaman
If anything thats good. Makes you practice more effectively for a completely clean technique

Touché.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Well, at least thats the way I see it. I didnt mean to come across as a twat, it sounded very twatish.

Quote by AngerIsAGift06

Um....the only Ibanezes that come stock with Evolutions are the Jems. Which are alder

Oh, except the JEM 77 which is basswood

and has Breeds, not Evos.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by apmaman

This is what I thought, too. At first I thought it would be a drawback, but then realized it would be good. Planning to stick an Evo in the bridge and a Breed in the neck of my 1570 once I get it (eventually... ) Currently I'm using Paul Gilbert's settings which is also pretty damn unforgiving. Makes ya really appreciate his technique.
Ugh...can't stand the bridge position evolution. The tone is far too thin and bitting.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Musza
@steven seagull-Jem 555 is basswood and has evo's

True, but the JEM 555 sucks
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com