was wondering what guitar would be great for playing reggae. What pups would be good too? price around 600ish.
Strats have the treble as well, though you could probably even play reggae on guitars with humbuckers. Just make sure you're on the clean channel of your amp and you have the treble all the way up for both amp and guitar.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
whats your budget?

apparently les pauls are quite good for reggae too... can't really imagine it but it has been done before to good effect. Strats and teles are almost the ideal choice though i'd say. Well any fender with single coils would be a good choice imo except maybe the jazzmaster (just because its a bit more warm and full sounding).
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
price range is around 600ish ...if i got fender do mexican strats suck or what. should i go for highway one?
Quote by within the war
price range is around 600ish ...if i got fender do mexican strats suck or what. should i go for highway one?

ok, shall i assume that "ish" is the currency you use? because i don't know how 1ish weighs against £1...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

Quote by within the war
oh sorry thats 600 USD ...dont know if you were trying to be funny.

ok, now i can try to be more helpful

Mexican strats are fine but the quality control can be a bit iffy at times, so you'd have to play a few before buying one. I think the same goes for highway one, but to a lesser extent. I can't really comment how the mexican standard or highway 1 compare though. I guess the best option would be to play a few of both at stores, and see if theres one you prefer out of them all. i'm not really sure what you could get for $600 though, mexican standard fenders cost the equivalent of almost $1000 here...