Page 1 of 2
Does this mean we used to worship feet?
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
wow. a statue.
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
XBL Gamertag: XzXPatrickXzX
The System HAS Failed
Quote by tommyp484
"RUSSELL! WHAT THE F*CK!!!!"
Quote by Zardokk
That honestly doesn't seem that amazing to me.
think about the era of the roman empire

then think about 5,000 years before that

that is amazing
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Omg, he looks just like the guy who owns the czech bar nextdoor.
[/stupidcomment]
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
Whoa More old Rocks and dirt

Jesus never seen this stuff before?

Wanna see somthing old look at the earth now thats amazing
Member #2 of the dean owners club, PM g1asseye to join.

92% of teens have moved on to rap repost this if you are one of the 8% that listen to real music

Rock IN Peace Darrell Lance Abbott \m/
Quote by tands
a cooler story is.......

A forty foot (12.2 meter) statue of Optimus Prime has been found in Yunnan Province, China.
That is cool.

Edit:
And yes, you are.
I worship you.
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
Wow....so there were people in the Czech Republic about the same time Mesopotamia and maybe Babylon were around??? Mindblowing. This kinda makes the spreading mostly to the east from Iraq area seem sorta.....wrong a bit?

7,000 years is about 5,000 before the Greek's height i think. Roman height was around 40 AD i think, so its not that far ahead.
Last edited by qotsa1998 at Oct 24, 2007,
Quote by tands
a cooler story is.......

A forty foot (12.2 meter) statue of Optimus Prime has been found in Yunnan Province, China.

Pics or it didn't happen.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Quote by RageAgainst...
think about the era of the roman empire

then think about 5,000 years before that

that is amazing

Yep.

Shame that the majority of the younger ones on here probably won't take much notice, seeing as they don't care.

Also...I assume they used Carbon Dating on this?

From what I've heard,that isn't entirely accurate,so this time frame may be incorrect...
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by Td_Nights
Yep.

Shame that the majority of the younger ones on here probably won't take much notice, seeing as they don't care.

From what I've heard,that isn't entirely accurate,so this time frame may be incorrect...

Younger being how old? If you mean around 14, I care. But,I agree,the time frame may be wrong but,it's still really old.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Quote by Td_Nights
Yep.

If its this important they'd have used the really good C14 dating which is very accurate. The more common cheaper dating is only about 65% accurate if I remember correctly.
Quote by We'realltoBlame
Younger being how old? If you mean around 14, I care. But,I agree,the time frame may be wrong but,it's still really old.

Yes, It's still rather old.

As for age...I'm 14 as well (well...turning 15 in three weeks), and it just seems the majority of people around this age don't care about these types of things that much,unless it directly affects them,at least not where I live.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by kaptink
If its this important they'd have used the really good C14 dating which is very accurate. The more common cheaper dating is only about 65% accurate if I remember correctly.

Good point,forgot about that.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
How do they know it's that old? Did it have 5000BC on it? Or did they count the rings when they cut it open?
Quote by Douche ©
How do they know it's that old? Did it have 5000BC on it? Or did they count the rings when they cut it open?

As said they can tell by carbon dating or maybe even by comparing it to its surroundings or similar statues from the period.
Quote by blues-guitarist

did any1 notice that his eyes are all f***ed up
PSN: KevGuy47
------▓▓▓▓▓
----▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
----▒▒▒░░
--░░░░░░
--▒▒░░░░░░
--▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒
------░░░░░░░
----▒▒▒▒▒
--▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒
░░▓▓░░
░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░
░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
----▓▓▓----▓▓▓
--▒▒▒--------▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒--------▒▒▒▒
The picture seems fake sorta. I mean, look at his bottom hand. Looks like it could be photo shopped. Nevrtheless, and amazing discovery, this comming for a 'youngin
Quote by RentACar
The picture seems fake sorta. I mean, look at his bottom hand. Looks like it could be photo shopped. Nevrtheless, and amazing discovery, this comming for a 'youngin

Why do people always assume stuff is fake or has been photoshoped. Not everyone likes to alter pictures and make up fake news strories just so they can con a few 14 year old's to beileve it's real.
Correct me if I'm stupid, but I thought you could only carbon-date things that had been alive . . .
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
I like how people really don't have a good perception of human history.

This IS pretty amazing. This thing stretches way back before even the beggining of some of the earliest human civillisations. We truly are a pinprick on the history of our planet.

7000 years is truly epic in terms of our own history. Recorded history as we know it only stretches around 5000 years. This is truly prehistoric. Prehistoric in the way you probably imagine cavemen. In comparison, our oldest wrtiten language is only about 6000 years old. Even the invention of the wheel, a fundamental step, is only believed to have happened around 8000 years ago.

Stuff like this never seems amazing, but it really, really is when you think about it.
Last edited by Vermintide at Oct 24, 2007,
Quote by sSyLc
Correct me if I'm stupid, but I thought you could only carbon-date things that had been alive . . .

That's correct. It would be quite impossible to use carbon dating techniques on ceramics. There may have been organics in the paint...but I doubt it.
Last edited by denizenz at Oct 24, 2007,
That dude looks terribly excited. CALM DOWN Czech dude, its just a statue!

Hes gonna break something.
We're only strays.
Quote by denizenz
That's correct. It would be quite impossible to use carbon dating techniques on ceramics. There may have been organics in the paint...but I doubt it.

Its possible to find some kind of organic material near the statue. You can never know if its got moved there though.

Edit: Theres also a type of dating you can do on ceramics but its name currently evades me!
Last edited by kaptink at Oct 24, 2007,
Quote by Vermintide
I like how people really don't have a good perception of human history.

This IS pretty amazing. This thing stretches way back before even the beggining of some of the earliest human civillisations. We truly are a pinprick on the history of our planet.

7000 years is truly epic in terms of our own history. Recorded history as we know it only stretches around 5000 years. This is truly prehistoric. Prehistoric in the way you probably imagine cavemen. In comparison, our oldest wrtiten language is only about 6000 years old. Even the invention of the wheel, a fundamental step, is only believed to have happened around 8000 years ago.

Stuff like this never seems amazing, but it really, really is when you think about it.

To put it in perspective, it's deduced from the Bible that man has only been on this planet for 6,000 years. That statue would be older then the Jewish calendar has dates for.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
That dude looks terribly excited. CALM DOWN Czech dude, its just a statue!

Hes gonna break something.

If i found a 7000 year old statue in my back garden i'd be more than exited.
Quote by denizenz
To put it in perspective, it's deduced from the Bible that man has only been on this planet for 6,000 years. That statue would be older then the Jewish calendar has dates for.

Hardcore Christians believe the very Earth itself is only 6000 years old, do they not?

THIS STATUE WAS PLACED BY THE DEVIL!!! IT MUST BURN!!!!! BUUUUURN!!!!

Also, it's very obvious how they dated it. On the back, out of picture, it said "Ugg woz Ere, 5000 BC"
Quote by Vermintide
Hardcore Christians believe the very Earth itself is only 6000 years old, do they not?

THIS STATUE WAS PLACED BY THE DEVIL!!! IT MUST BURN!!!!! BUUUUURN!!!!

Some fundamental Christians do. There are many theories from doctrine to doctrine. I happen to believe that the Earth was either created to look old, or more likely that the Genesis account was narrated from the point of origin and therefore the time is skewed relatively to ours. Basically, it would have taken place in 6 days and also 14 billion years.
He's dressed like he's going out fishing.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by denizenz
Some fundamental Christians do. There are many theories from doctrine to doctrine. I happen to believe that the Earth was either created to look old, or more likely that the Genesis account was narrated from the point of origin and therefore the time is skewed relatively to ours. Basically, it would have taken place in 6 days and also 14 billion years.

But the way that it's told in Genesis is that "the sun rose and fell for 7 days". So unless the earth was knocked back 560 million times farther away from the sun than Pluto, it doesn't seem logical.

And that is where I can call BS on the bible.

I believe in a higher form, just not much of the christian religion.
Propaganda. Everyone knows the earth was created 3000 year ago.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Trying to disprove religion with science is illogical.

Does anyone know how these guys pick out their sites? Looks like they're on a farm.

I love how they call it "find of the century" in 2007. haha
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by zombie_monster
But the way that it's told in Genesis is that "the sun rose and fell for 7 days". So unless the earth was knocked back 560 million times farther away from the sun than Pluto, it doesn't seem logical.

And that is where I can call BS on the bible.

I believe in a higher form, just not much of the christian religion.

The Bible never states that the sun rose and set at all. It says there was evening and morning which could mean anything...it even has the order reversed.
Page 1 of 2