So as a few of you heard, I got an awesome deal on a Laney Pro-Tube 50 Reverb 1x12 combo. The shop that was selling it thought that it was broken, and sold it to me for $150. When I got it back to my dorm room, I found out that they weren't grounding it properly, and in fact, it worked perfectly. Score!

It's in great condition, the previous owner (who is currently in jail, apparently...) tried to paint some dumb flames on it, but it doesn't look that horrible (I'll fid it when I have money again). They had also JUST installed a brand new set of tubes, how awesome is that? The reverb tank is pretty shot, so I unplugged it and use my Holy Grail instead. It has one channel, and two inputs, which are incredibly different. I have ye to fully crank the beast, since I live in a dorm room, but I'll be taking it to the music dept building soon to crank it in a practice room/the studio.

Pics:

^ Basic Rig (Check out the Superbad poster, it's from the movie theater!).

^ Shot of the back. Can someone please tell me what that other tube is for? The one to the left of the EL34s. Also, if someone can ID the speaker, that would be great. I have another close up of the speaker if you feel like it would help. Thanks!

Soundclips can be found in my profile, I chugged out some Weezer and Green Day stuff, nothing fancy at all. Any help with that other tube or the speaker brand, and I'll love you forever. Enjoy!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Last edited by Sid McCall at Oct 24, 2007,
I figure mid to late 80s counts as vintage. Well, anything that's covered in an inch of dust should count as vintage...
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Quote by False_God
Could be either tube reverb?

Or a rectifier tube?

Not sure!

Would it still be tube reverb is there is a spring reverb tank?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
It's for the reverb I think. Rectifier tubes are usually (always?) bigger, with octal bases.
and yes, spring reverb can be tube or solid state.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
It could also be the phase inverter...

What type of tube is it (12AX7, 12AY7?)
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Look's good and a steal at that price.

Also the Laney cult needs more US people I don't think there are many.
Guitars Fender Highway 1 Telecaster, Vintage VS-6, Yamaha C-40 Classical
Amps Laney VC15, Crate GT212 *FOR SALE*
Pedals Fulltone OCD, Vox V847, Marshall The Echohead, EHX Small Clone, Korg DT-10

Member of the Laney Cult
sweeeet. what a steal.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
That should be a 12AU7 if its setup like my Crate Vintage. I'm assuming that is 4 12AX7s, 2 EL34s at 60 watts? Could also be a phase inverter as mentioned. Btw, 80s = nto vintage. Vintage imo has to be at least 35 years old.