Poll: HOW do YOU TUNE?
Poll Options
View poll results: HOW do YOU TUNE?
Pedal tuner
9 17%
you tune with tuner before and dont have to again or if necessary you tune during songs
21 40%
you are always plugged into a tuner via an ab pedal and tune when necessary
3 6%
you go ghetto style and use your ear
19 37%
Voters: 52.
how do you tune when you are jamming or gigging?
do you use a pedal tuner, do you tune by ear, or do you plyug into a tuner at the beginning and dont have to tune again or if you do you do it in between songs ?
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
boss pedal tuner- i just plug my guitar into that, then plug it into my amp. it works really well
Quote by ratracekid111
And the Tax! Dear God! When I only get one virgin a month, I want the whole freakin' thing! The damn government shouldn't be chopping it in half
By ear, but i use a tuner sometimes.
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
For gigging, ide use an electric tuner. This is mainly due the fact that the area around you before you go on is usually loud and noisy and you cannot hear your strings all that well.

So a electrical tuner with a visual display is perfect for that.
I have a tuner out on my amp, I have a tuner plugged into that. It's on all the time in gigs.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
is there a way to add a tuner out to an amp?

or can i use the effects loop as a tuner out?
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
I use a tuner but i'm actually relying on my ears more than the tuner.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I tune beforehand, but if I go out of tune I get the other guitarist or the bassist to give me an E and then tune to that.

that way if we're both out of tune we're still in tune with each other.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
so i could plug a tuner intomy effects loop?
Quote by beeboshain
I tune with this cool wee tuner i got for christmass. You just shove one of your lead ends into the input socket and tune away. Also when youve got it plugged into your guitar it cant hear anything around you so great for gigs!
i tune my G then tune everythign else with my ear.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I actulay sometimes open Guitar Pro 5, and play an open high E, and tune it according to that. I can sense if it's a little high or low, but I can't tune by ear.
Tune before I play with electric, tune by ear when anything may go wrong during.
Words to live by: Haters gonna' hate.
I don't generally tune haha. Well I do, but I don't go out my way to make sure I'm in E, or Eb or whatever, unless I'm gigging.

I just pick up my guitar and tune it from whatever state I left it in.

But it's important everyones in tune live