I am about to wire up my guitar. I am wiring my pickups like the diagram below this post but I am not sure how to wire the rest. Can somebody finish making me an easy diangram like the one below or post a diagram for my pickup and one volume pot and jack? Thanks a lot. I am a noob at wiring!
My gear!
ESP LTD M-100FM
Custom RR style Flying V
Custom ESP Explorer (in the making!)
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop Crybaby, Deltalab Md-1, rd 1, Morley optical Volume
Last edited by buzzcut at Oct 27, 2007,
Super-easy diagram:

You will have to wire you single coils so they are wired in series, you do this by taking the HOT on PUP 1, and connecting it the GROUND on PUP 2.

Now the signal will flow through both of the pickups.

Also, be sure to use you middle pickup with either the neck or the bridge, this way you will get opposed polarity= hum-reducing.

Good luck!

edit: you will also have to make the coils stick together, you can just glue them together using some superglue, if you don't want to put them back on your strat.

And I assume you know your way to wire this up from here?
I have no idea what I'm talking about. Don't belive me.
^^ thanks, man! that helped me alot.
My gear!
ESP LTD M-100FM
Custom RR style Flying V
Vox AD30VT
it's series connection. not serial...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest

Cheerios connection!
u can just do a series/parallel switch though.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest

Just for the hell of it... Where did anyone even say the word serial? Try your ctrl+f, I did not find anything like it. =)

Quote by forsaknazrael
Are you going to be able to fit the pickups in there? single coils next to each other are wider than a humbucker because of the bobbins.

True that, but a simple but radical idea would be to just get rid of the bobbins?

To OP: Are the pickups going to be mounted on the wood of the guitar, or on the pickguard?
just turn it over??? u might get funny results.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
^Yeah I know what a bobbin is. But you can still cut everything that does not have any wires attatched to it, and attatch the single coils to eachother. I guess that the bobbins will still be troubleing, but this can be solver with just attatching the single coils with the bobbins outwards, if you know what I mean. I don't know how that would sound though, as long as the pole pieces are not staggered, it shouln't matter too much. Especially as this is just a replacement pup, until the real deal arrives.
but if u had two single coils in series, wouldn't the output be freaking HOT?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by m_hedborg
^Yeah I know what a bobbin is. But you can still cut everything that does not have any wires attatched to it, and attatch the single coils to eachother. I guess that the bobbins will still be troubleing, but this can be solver with just attatching the single coils with the bobbins outwards, if you know what I mean. I don't know how that would sound though, as long as the pole pieces are not staggered, it shouln't matter too much. Especially as this is just a replacement pup, until the real deal arrives.

here...i'll draw you a diagram:

You can't just go around cutting bobbins...the wire is ATTACHED to the bobbin. you cut it, and the wire is ****ed. and even if you could cut all the unnecessary bobbin, it would still be wider than a normal humbucker pickup, thus not fitting in the third picture...
sorry to bring this post back, but I just looked at my pups and they each have one black wire with another wire inside of it. How do I know what is what? After I figure this out, do I just solder the two wires from the pups to the tabs on the volume pot? thanks!
My gear!
ESP LTD M-100FM
Custom RR style Flying V
Vox AD30VT
the wire inside is the hot signal that u connect to ur switch. the wire covering it on the outside is the ground wire. u ground that part.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by m_hedborg
Just for the hell of it... Where did anyone even say the word serial? Try your ctrl+f, I did not find anything like it. =)
That was even funnier when I realized it was in the picture in your own post.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
bump since i edited my first post
My gear!
ESP LTD M-100FM
Custom RR style Flying V
Vox AD30VT