Page 1 of 2
what if we're all just a dream and everything we done was just in some superior race's head ?

or

what if we're all colourblind and the computer your on (if its not a mac or stupid) could be bright purple and everyone may be dreaming its white grey silver black etc.

think / discuss
the dreaming aprt reminds me of right where it belongs-Nine inch nails. something to think about
now the mac part, i don't get it..
What if the PS3 wasn't overpriced, can anyone wrap their heads around that?
666 BRO
you're high, aren't you?
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Quote by Spitz13
the dreaming aprt reminds me of right where it belongs-Nine inch nails. something to think about
now the mac part, i don't get it..

See the animal in his cage that you built,
Are you sure what side you're on?
Better not look him too closely in the eye,
Are you sure what side of the glass you are on?
See the safety of the life you have built,
Everything where it belongs
Feel the hollowness inside of your heart,
And it's all... right where it belongs

What if everything around you,
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?
What if you could look right through the cracks,
Would you find yourself... find yourself afraid to see?

What if all the world's inside of your head?
Just creations of your own
Your devils and your gods all the living and the dead
And you're really all alone
You can live in this illusion,
You can choose to believe.
You keep looking but you can't find the woods,
While you're hiding in the trees

What if everything around you,
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you used to know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is that all you want to be?
What if you could look right through the cracks,
Would you find yourself... find yourself afraid to see?

Love that song.

Anyway, It's a thought provoking idea, and I've pondered these questions for awhile now.
I think we see what we think is there. I don't know if anything is real, but I do know that my mind perceives it that way.
Quote by RageAgainst...
you're high, aren't you?

tripping counts as being high..
Quote by bannanaman
what if we're all just a dream and everything we done was just in some superior race's head ?

or

what if we're all colourblind and the computer your on (if its not a mac or stupid) could be bright purple and everyone may be dreaming its white grey silver black etc.

think / discuss

That would pretty much suck.

I've actually thought about the color thing for a long time.
who cares if we are a dream? we still feel, love, hate, and everything else.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by Doodleface
who cares if we are a dream? we still feel, love, hate, and everything else.

I do believe this guy's got the point
Quote by rockon1824
I think some scientists said fairly recently that there's a 20% chance that we're all part of a computer simulation.

wait, what the f*ck? i mean how the f*ck do you calculate that? h*w*l?
Quote by saxaxe
I believe this could all be refuted in one simple phase: "I think, therefore I am"

a cookie to whoever knows who said it. (no google allowed)

Popeye the Sailor Man.

and TWO cookies to whoever gets that reference.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
Quote by saxaxe
I believe this could all be refuted in one simple phase: "I think, therefore I am"

Rene Descartes

I have a joke!

Descartes goes into a bar and has a few drinks. The bartender asks if he'd like one more and he says, "I think not." And he instantly disappears.
Do I sense an existentialist crisis?
Quote by mh400nt
Theres rats running around outside my window, one of them has an apple, he looks very happy about this.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Oh ****

Aaaah well. It gives me an excuse to rape.

Quote by Jaymz_515
Bunnywunnywabbitywoos.
Quote by saxaxe

it was Jesus

*holds out hand for cookie*
I'm doing Descartes in philosophy. Very intresting.
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
Quote by Zakkmann
the matrix theory.
its interesting but theres a profesor at a university who calculated the chance of us all being characters in someones simulation game. crazy, no?

Is it something like, computers always increase in capability, and that means that eventually one will be good enough to siumalte an entire world, so a computer CAN do it so it's really probable....
Quote by mh400nt
Theres rats running around outside my window, one of them has an apple, he looks very happy about this.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Oh ****

Aaaah well. It gives me an excuse to rape.

Quote by Jaymz_515
Bunnywunnywabbitywoos.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Cogito, ergo sum.

Latin.

wow, your avatar fooled me, i could have sworn you where a guy petting his cat that by the looks of it, isnt intelectual, turns out you are an intelectual individual who probably has a cat

*high five*
Quote by blackflag49
20 cookies to whoever knows what Descartes originally wrote (same phrase, different language).

Cogito, ergo sum

cookies please!

EDIT:
Damn...beaten to it
ive personally thought about this a couple times and even brought it up to my parents. They thought i was crazy lol. anywho i always thought that the life we are iving now could just be a dream and then we wake up from it young and aware of the mistakes we can make.

Or maybe there are 2 of me. When i make one choice i go one way, and the alternate me makes the other choice. and its an on going process.

i dont know maybe i am crazy, but i do know when i lay in my bed, i think of **** like that. lol
Quote by Burtonjp
Im secretly a lesbian female in a male body. The worlds a tough place for me.

Quote by gunther_sucks
I once ran into a mirror that I didn't know was there. I think you could say We were both suprised.
Quote by Spitz13
wow, your avatar fooled me, i could have sworn you where a guy petting his cat that by the looks of it, isnt intelectual, turns out you are an intelectual individual who probably has a cat

*high five*

what cat?? isn't tht another guy?
"It's funny how most people love the dead. Once you're dead, you're made for life" - Jimi Hendrix

Quote by TheClincher
Is it incest if I had sex with my brother in law's half sister? Because if it is, it was so ****ing worth it.
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
Quote by Dirge Humani
It is. I'm just tired of explaining that it is not a cat.

stares at it for like 5 minutes** HOLY ****, is there a cat on that guys head?
Quote by bannanaman

think / discuss

Colour is relative, so that really doesn't matter too much. Although all it is is different wavelengths or EM radiation, so it probably is how you see it.

As for the dream thing, that does kinda scare me when I think about it, because what happens if the being wakes up? Or what if we're just some hugely complex computer program? What happens when the computer is turned off? It's a bit of a mind****, but when you think about it, the statement 'I think therefore I am' isn't necessarily true, because if we are all a dream, then none of us really exist, no matter how much we think.
Page 1 of 2