I just finished listening to In The Name of God by Dream Theater (for like the 500th time) but this time I really listened to. The unisons, the solos, they're so clean it actually scared me. Literally. Anybody else have an experience like this? I know it seems stupid but I seriously felt like I needed to share that.
Oh, I thought you had just been shot by a Spartan Laser.
666 BRO
I had the same thing with Jeff Buckley's Last Goodbye. I think I clocked over 200 plays in two weeks. It was pretty intense. I was convinced I'd found a perfect song.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
Last edited by rorythefaggot at Oct 24, 2007,
Quote by Kankuro
Oh, I thought you had just been shot by a Spartan Laser.
same here

i'm disappointed now
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Quote by dervishguitar
I just finished listening to In The Name of God by Dream Theater (for like the 500th time) but this time I really listened to. The unisons, the solos, they're so clean it actually scared me. Literally. Anybody else have an experience like this? I know it seems stupid but I seriously felt like I needed to share that.

You are enlighted.

Nirvana!
Quote by Johnljones7443
my neew year reslosutions are not too drikn as much lol.

happy new yeeae guyas.
I have had a similar experience with the song "Sadness and Hate" by Wintersun. I listed to every little aspect and I really get into it. It's awesome.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
Quote by manutd4lyf
yeah john petrucci practises EVERYTHING to a metronome, thats how he does it

I can't stand metronomes. Usually i set it to a ridiculous speed because i am very impatient and, unfortunately, never end up getting anything right.
My head nearly exploded every time I used to listen to the "solo" lol too "Stream of Consciousness".
Quote by dervishguitar
I can't stand metronomes. Usually i set it to a ridiculous speed because i am very impatient and, unfortunately, never end up getting anything right.

yeah you have to start slow and build up gradually if you want to play like petrucci
haha same here, that was the first time I ever heard anyone "shred" before and it kinda scared me to think anyone could play that fast
The first time I listened to White Walls by BTBAM...I almost cried because of its perfection. I almost cried. The solo near the end, it's just so melodic and perfect...it was insane haha
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Quote by dervishguitar

You must have patience with the metronome, it's very helpful. Without patience, you'll never be as good as Petrucci.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
I had that with Atmosphere by Joy Division.
I'd heard it before but one night it came up on media player on random at about 1 in the morning when I was talking to my ex.. well not ex at the time. It just totally moved me.
Quote by ctb
My head nearly exploded every time I used to listen to the "solo" lol too "Stream of Consciousness".

The whole thing is basically a "solo" dude. I still get what you mean.
My metronome sucks so I never use it . It adds extra beats or something so its all screwy. Like in 4/4 time it goes:
beep doodoo doodoo doodoo doo beep doodoo doodoo doodoo doo.

Hmm I guess Black by Pearl Jam would be a song that one could lost in.
Long long time ago when i first saw enter shikari... i didnt know who they were... just went to a gig... couldnt believe it... was amazing...
Quote by spazzymagee417
after i wipe i look at the toilet paper. anyone else do that?

Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
hamburger. put your wang between your cojones and turn 'em sideways.

hahahaha
Last edited by Biff_Line at Oct 26, 2007,