With Masters
URI GELLER And CRISS ANGELL
LIVE TONIGHT 8/7c NBC

Not really, though. (that was the ad at the top of my page...)
So, this is my new thread, because punk (forum) is dead. Explain your dream punk/ska band (create a name, what style, all that stuff) and then everyone can be like "hey that sounds cool!" or "dOoD tHaT's LiKe So UnPuNx".

Here's mine:

Crusty hardcore band with some ska and death metal influence called
POISONED ANUS!

Almost decent guitar player, crappy but great bass player (me), awesome singer (me), really fast drummer, and our albums are banned in several places.

GO!
Last edited by devourthekitten at Oct 24, 2007,
My dream band would be called Post Modern Sounds, and they'd mix post-punk, punk, alternative, and rock 'n' roll influences. They'd have awesome bass, awesome guitar, and awesome drums. They would play in basements to deaf cats and sing about how punk Plato was.
My dream band would be like the one I'm in now, except with a decent drummer, and somebody besides me writing lyrics.

Then again, the only reason I'm writing the lyrics now is so I don't have to rely on other people to do so.

I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Quote by neidnarb11890
My dream band would be called Post Modern Sounds, and they'd mix post-punk, punk, alternative, and rock 'n' roll influences. They'd have awesome bass, awesome guitar, and awesome drums. They would play in basements to deaf cats and sing about how punk Plato was.

My dream band is also Post Modern Sounds
Quote by StreetLight3989
My dream band would be with people who actually have the same taste in music as me and are good.

Bingo bango
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Quote by neidnarb11890

That sounds vaguely familiar...but vaguely awesome!
Seriously +1

Quote by neidnarb11890

Certainly if such a band actually existed, there would be no young woman left un-impregnated for at least a fifty mile radius. I would even let them knock me up.

If only...
You declare punk to be dead and then invent a crusty band?

Can I snort some of the coke on your tits?

Adolf Tapdancing Christ.
Quote by neidnarb11890
That sounds like the worst idea for a band ever!!!!!!

/me is jealous of not being in the awesome band Post Modern Sounds
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by neidnarb11890
o rly? *-)

Yessir *-)

Anyway, my band is starting to sound pretty fine. Hopefully we'll be getting good enough soon to record or play for people, or both.
Quote by neidnarb11890

Can I play bass?
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
Can I play bass?
Two bass players??? Thats just crazy

I'm liking where my band is currently going.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Anyway, my dream band would be called Habeaus Dorkus and our fast songs would be bouncy and catchy, with bouncing, active, walking or groovy bass lines, that actually provide counterpoint (I can't believe bassists get away with playing straight 8ths and mimicking guitar. That is so lazy and it misses the point of bass entirely.) The drums would provide texture, and the fills would be subtle, and there would be loads of comping and freeplay between the drums and bass. The guitar would be crunchy, but still trebely (too much distortion is icky,) and we'd have a keyboard to extend chord voicings and bring out the color of the piece.

All of our songs would have extended solo sections for live performance, and our lyrics would focus mainly on hoboes, boredom, mopeds, and food.

Our first single would be titled "The Donut-Ham Hamburger: A tribute in Three Colors"

We wouldn't be very p0nx...
I'm putting my dream band together over the long hard cold winter in Texas (he he, but, it does get down into the 40s with cold wind and such here).

I can't tell you much about it, because...

I can tell you that we intend to be the anti-Germs.
We will come to your club and clean the place up, carve things on your chest and make you do drugs.
Our legal department is advising us against the last two, so it may end up being forcing you to read books and making you eat all your vegetables.
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.
Quote by johnnynemo
I'm putting my dream band together over the long hard cold winter in Texas (he he, but, it does get down into the 40s with cold wind and such here).

I can't tell you much about it, because...

I can tell you that we intend to be the anti-Germs.
We will come to your club and clean the place up, carve things on your chest and make you do drugs.
Our legal department is advising us against the last two, so it may end up being forcing you to read books and making you eat all your vegetables.

haha

That's great even though I like the Germs.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
You declare punk to be dead and then invent a crusty band?

Can I snort some of the coke on your tits?

Adolf Tapdancing Christ.

Um...I said punk forum is dead...