ltd are the budget version but there still one hell of a guitar and cost as much as an fender american strat
Last edited by benkelly450 at Oct 25, 2007,
Not really.They are all made the same and are just as good.If you get a ESP it just cost more because of the name,body design,or maybe something else.But they are all the same.
for example the guy from Behemoth uses my guitar

ESP LTD EC-1000. It's still an awesome piece of wood.
Quote by Kensai
IF YOU TYPE WITH BIG LETTERS YOUR POINT WILL COME ACROSS EASIER!

Seriously wtf was that?
ltds are just lower quality

ltd is to esp as:
squier is to fender
designed by seymour duncan is to seymour duncan
epiphone is to gibson
designed by emg is to emg
etc....
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by Eladamri
LTD is the budget version of ESP guitars. Much like Epiphone is for Gibson.

Yup.

ESP is a high quality guitar manufacturer from Japan. Given that these are pretty expensive instruments they have two 'separate' brands which produce roughly the same models, but lower in quality.

These companies are called Edwards and LTD.

They form a good cheaper alternative to ESP guitars and with LTD people are very positive about pretty much anything from the 400 series or above.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by Phillitalian
ltds are just lower quality

ltd is to esp as:
squier is to fender
designed by seymour duncan is to seymour duncan
epiphone is to gibson
designed by emg is to emg
etc....

but all those brands suck compared to the big brand, while ltd makes hell of guitars that can relly compare to esp
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Quote by ldnovelo
but all those brands suck compared to the big brand, while ltd makes hell of guitars that can relly compare to esp

Very true, they do a lot better than Squire does
My Gear
Ibanez SR520EX with EMG 81/85 and boost
Peavey Valveking Head w/ Crate Blue Voodoo Cab
Peavey VB-2
Spector Euro 4
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-2
Quote by ldnovelo

Epiphone to Gibson is the best one out of those, seeing how there are some really nice Epiphones out there and the higher end models of Epiphone actually are good substitutes for certain Gibsons.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by Red989
Very true, they do a lot better than Squire does

actually squier (imo) is slowly becoming what epi is to gibson

some of the higer end squiers actually sound nice
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
^ my friend's squier strat standard really honestly sounds better then some of the cheaper Fenders

to the guy making the squier to fender/designed by emg to emg comparisons, you're not right.

ltd's are the EXACT SAME THING as the ESPs, its just ESPs are put together much more carefully, and then there are little parts that are better
To be honest, I don't think the comparison to squier, epiphone, etc is right. I've always thought of LTD's being comparable to Ibanez (ie, with models ranging from not-so-great specs, to models with realy high quality specs), and the actual ESP guitars as being more 'Deluxe' style guitars of LTD's. I think the only real difference between them is where they are made (LTD's in like Korea, China or Indonesia on assembly lines) and ESP's in the main factory thing in Japan, by actual craftsmen, etc. Also, some of the materials used are slightly higher quality in ESP's, especially the woods. But you're mainly paying for the higher level of craftsmanship and time spent on them with ESP's.
"Rock is the ONLY religion that never let's you down" - Lemmy (aka God)
Last edited by Ferret19 at Oct 24, 2007,
The main differences are cheaper woods, less attention to detail, cheaper hardware, cheaper pots and switches, and made in Korea.
Quote by CJRocker
The main differences are cheaper woods, less attention to detail, cheaper hardware, cheaper pots and switches, and made in Korea.

and indonasia...

yes that is true...and also...damn it there is nothing left to say...everyone has said it...

ill add this...esps are great guitars for metal...and also they have some guitars for a bit more less heavy stuff...but if i wanted sth less heavy...id go with a cheap ass fender
im gassing for an edward but ikkebe doesnt ship to the us and ishibashi has to order it and i dont want to wait!!!!
They're not as high quality, but you can get a nice LTD if you go for a 400 series or higher.

They're also a lot better than comparing it to Squiers and Epi's.
Does anyone consider the F-250 a decent guitar? I know the EMG HZ's suck, but I have an 81/85 set that I can put in there. So besides the pickups, is it a good guitar? I would go for the F-400, it being a BEAUTIFUL guitar, but it doesn't have a Floyd, which is the whole reason I want a new guitar.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by TJM2482
Usually the rule of ESP LTD thumb is 400 or higher.

Right... but I always thought that was mainly because of the pickups. I don't know much about woods... I think the F-250 uses agathis... is that any good? I play lead in a thrash/metalcore band.
Quote by mafropetee
Right... but I always thought that was mainly because of the pickups. I don't know much about woods... I think the F-250 uses agathis... is that any good? I play lead in a thrash/metalcore band.

Its not bad, but its extremely inconsistent. Normally, its a a kinda bassy, muffled wood, though there some examples that aren't bad, most of the ones I've played have been really muffled sounding. Granted they were all lower end BCRich's, ESP/LTD, and Squier that lacked really cutting pickups.
Quote by CJRocker
Its not bad, but its extremely inconsistent. Normally, its a a kinda bassy, muffled wood, though there some examples that aren't bad, most of the ones I've played have been really muffled sounding. Granted they were all lower end BCRich's, ESP/LTD, and Squier that lacked really cutting pickups.

Hmm. I've played an F-250 through a 6505 at GC... I LOVED how it played... and it didn't actually sound bad. But that's probably just the awesomeness of that amp (they had a 6505+ head running through a B-52 cab).
I was actually thinking of getting an MH-1000 fixed w/ duncans. Unless its worth to get the horizon NT-II