hey yh well its another one of these threads lool well gonna be getting a new guitar soon i want to get like a really punk guitar and spend no more than £500 any ideas?
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this.

Gear:
Les Paul
Marshall MG15CD
Dunlop Crybaby
Your Les Paul could probably do fine. Really, you should look into getting a better amp, because the MG15CD is turd. Spend your money on a decent amp with good distortion, and your Les Paul should probably handle punk well.
Yeah, I agree with AdamDK.... may I suggest the Marshall MG50DFX? I have one, and, well, at least to me and my friends, it sounds great.
But, if you insist upon getting a new guitar, I would suggest an SG (Epiphone, absolutely nothing wrong with them), or maybe a Fender....
Like AdamDK said, getting a new amp would be a better way to spend your money. And by a new amp, I mean a tube amp, not another MG.
Quote by stratman_13
Yeah, I agree with AdamDK.... may I suggest the Marshall MG50DFX? I have one, and, well, at least to me and my friends, it sounds great.
But, if you insist upon getting a new guitar, I would suggest an SG (Epiphone, absolutely nothing wrong with them), or maybe a Fender....

You basically suggested him to get the same amp he has, but with more watts.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Get a new amp and upgrade your pups. If he had the tone he wanted in the LP why would he want a new one? Just upgrade your pickups and use the rest for a nice tube amp.

To stratman_13: No you may not suggest it. You need a better amp too. No Marshall MG's are good for the price. There is ALWAYS something better.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Definintly get new amp. Don't get another MG, it'll be the same but louder. Get a nice tube combo, maybe a booster and along with your epi les paul - you'll get a pretty punk sound. If you're willing to go used you'll probably be able to pick up a Marshall JCM of some description although im not too certain of prices over there. If not perhaps a Tiny Terror head and a 1x12 or 2x12 cabinet. Maybe a laney? If you could find a used TT and Cab you could also probably afford to get new pick-ups for your epi. That is a main problem with Epi's in my experience.
yh i might get a new amp except the reason why i have a small crappy amp is because i use it to practice at home and i have band practice at skl since my band go to the same skl as me and we have a brand new recording studio with loads of amps and other gear like that so hence y i dnt really look into getting a new amp but if u guys could recommend a good amp which isnt to big and too expensive that would be great. Also what about line6 amps bcoz i know they have loads of kl effects and stuff which would be usefull bu apparently theyre not as good quality comapred to marshall amps?? also guitar wise i was looking maybe into a jazzmaster i thought it looked pretty kl and with the right set up would be really good again any commentsor suggestions??
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this.

Gear:
Les Paul
Marshall MG15CD
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by julz_122
yh i might get a new amp except the reason why i have a small crappy amp is because i use it to practice at home and i have band practice at skl since my band go to the same skl as me and we have a brand new recording studio with loads of amps and other gear like that so hence y i dnt really look into getting a new amp but if u guys could recommend a good amp which isnt to big and too expensive that would be great. Also what about line6 amps bcoz i know they have loads of kl effects and stuff which would be usefull bu apparently theyre not as good quality comapred to marshall amps?? also guitar wise i was looking maybe into a jazzmaster i thought it looked pretty kl and with the right set up would be really good again any commentsor suggestions??

Well, if you're looking for an amp, for the money you have don't get any Line 6 SS's or anything like that. I'm not an expert with amps, but amps like the Marshall DSL401 (a nice 40watt tube combo) could be good for you at home, or if you want a British distortion, get a Orange Tiny Terrior head and buy one of the orange cabs.
Quote by AdamDK
Well, if you're looking for an amp, for the money you have don't get any Line 6 SS's or anything like that. I'm not an expert with amps, but amps like the Marshall DSL401 (a nice 40watt tube combo) could be good for you at home, or if you want a British distortion, get a Orange Tiny Terrior head and buy one of the orange cabs.

Listen to this dude, he's got it right. You're LP is fine for a punk guitar - if you're wanting a more punk image to it, bash it up a bit n personalise it, etc, just do what you want. But i think amp-wise, I'd have to totally agree with AdamDK, a DSL401 would be perfect for you, and you can get them nice and cheap.
"Rock is the ONLY religion that never let's you down" - Lemmy (aka God)
also what pickups would acheive a kinda more crunchier punk feel since the ones i have now give a warm bluesy tone (obviously its a les paul lol) but yh since theres so many different pick ups and i have absolutely no idea oh and one more thing wer can i get some cool stickers loool

Gear:
Les Paul
Marshall MG15CD
Dunlop Crybaby
Go to www.dimarzio.com and in the bottom right corner thers a pick-up finder. I recommend a Super distortion in the bridge, neck position isn't all that important in punk.. That along with a Tiny Terror or DSL40 would be a pretty sweet punk set-up.
Quote by Ferret19
Listen to this dude, he's got it right. You're LP is fine for a punk guitar - if you're wanting a more punk image to it, bash it up a bit n personalise it, etc, just do what you want. But i think amp-wise, I'd have to totally agree with AdamDK, a DSL401 would be perfect for you, and you can get them nice and cheap.

Yeah, bash your guitar up, that'll give it a good tone...

I'd look at some Peavey's maybe.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
hey pick up wise i went on the dimarzio website and i liked the X2N pick ups for the bridge and for the neck the evolution neck dp158 what do u guys think?? or would u recomend something else?? also can i get covers for them aswell??

Gear:
Les Paul
Marshall MG15CD
Dunlop Crybaby
Last edited by julz_122 at Oct 25, 2007,
Quote by Ed Hunter
Yeah, bash your guitar up, that'll give it a good tone...

I'd look at some Peavey's maybe.

Yeah well last time i looked, I didn't say anything about tone, only about image - maybe a pair of glasses are necessary? Anyway some of the most bashed about guitars in history have still had awesome tone - Rory Gallagher's strat for one. A few dints etc aren't going to make the slightest bit of difference to noticable tone.
"Rock is the ONLY religion that never let's you down" - Lemmy (aka God)
Yeah you can get covers fotr the evo but im not really sure about the X2N. I'd say you could though