Hi guys, I am writing about 80's music. I have been searching around a little, but I can't seem to find anything influential to write about.

I was thinking that metal music had a lot of changes but I can't seem to find direct answers.

Please give me any suggestions. By the way, it doesn't HAVE to be 80s music, since I havent done anything already I am willing to change.

Thanks
You could do the rock during the 80's. From AC/DC to hair metal and rockpop, back to grittier stuff with Guns N' Roses and eventually being replaced with grunge when Nirvana came.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Motley Crue had a HUGE effect on most metal bands coming out of LA. Same with Guns n Roses. But personally I'd compare U2's the Joshua tree to what else was happening in music at the time. You could compare their activism and seriousness vs the "party rock" that was also happening (ie the motley crue album titled "Girls Girls Girls" released in the same year)
"How to fly: Hurl yourself at the ground and miss."
-Douglas Adams
Pround member of the Motley Crue club.
How is Guns N Roses gritty? Anyway, write about the post-punk movement.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

You want 80's?
Can't get more 80's than Deep Purple, Iron Maiden, and Europe.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by pumpkins_rule
How is Guns N Roses gritty? Anyway, write about the post-punk movement.

Compare GNR to hair metal bands and you'll notice that their style is dirtier and with their roots from AC/DC and Aerosmith more than Motley Crue and Poison. That is what I meant.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"