I am thinking about taking my 360 and my copy of H3 back to walmart, and will get my ~$430 dollars back. (the extended warranty is also included)

Can I get a good amp for that price?
good amp for what exactly? and how good? if you are wanting top of the line than another $1000 or 2 is in order

you'll be able to find a fairly good small tube combo yes
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
peavy valveking
Quote by rockybo
I'm making an igloo in my backyard later and smoking a bong in it.
How loud do you want it, or more importantly how loud will you be able to play it?
Regardless you can get a decent amp for sure at that price, unless you want a Cadillac.
Quote by uldhppi
How loud do you want it, or more importantly how loud will you be able to play it?

I probably won't be in a band for another year or two, but I would like to keep it long enough to play it in a local concert or something....
So you want good sound (I recommend tubes) and enough power to do a gig. Well if you can get a few more bucks together ($449) you could consider a Valveking, but its very loud. I think if I were you I would go for a 15-30 watt valve (tube) combo. Don't know if you have experience amp shopping but used Peavey Classic 30 kicks arse.
Well, my best bet is probably to just try a bunch of amps and see which I like best. Thanks for the suggestions, though. I will definitely see if I can play on one of those amps and see how they sound...
Crate GTX212

Don't believe all the crap most UG'ers say about Crate amps. Sure they've made some crap amps, but the GTX212 is very versatile and can put out many great tones.
Vice President of Stephen Colbert for President campaign, PM Cashewchaching to join

Personal Page
well, that's a given.

but if he was looking to get a good amp and still have some money left over, that's an option.
Vice President of Stephen Colbert for President campaign, PM Cashewchaching to join

Personal Page
Quote by SumFan98
well, that's a given.

but if he was looking to get a good amp and still have some money left over, that's an option.

I'm wanting to spend all the money I have...

Edit: unless I should buy a cheaper amp and buy good pickups...? Would that make it sound better overall?
CRATE PALOMINO V32! just talk gc down a bit or get lucky on a used one. I have a habit of preaching my own gear to people, but maybe thats just becuase ive kept only the best of it? distinct sound. Marshally like gain that doesnt get crazy heavy but does the trick. a pedal would do wonders though. good luck.
GEAR

epy lp
palomino v32
marshall guv'nor 2
vox wah

Demetri martin- My computer once beat me at a game of chess, but then I beat it at a game of kickboxing.
there's really no need to spend everything

if not the crate, i'd settle for a vox ad50vt

Personal Page
My friend has that Crate. It's not the worst thing I've ever heard, but any halfway decent tube combo will be much better. He has only had it for a few months and he is already shopping for a new tube head.
Epi Les Paul Standard with BB Pros
Vox 847A Wah->Fulltone Fulldrive 2->EHX Big Muff Pi->DD-3->EHX SMMwH->Fender Blues Deluxe
Try to find some nice Peavey tube amps, I found my XXX for only $450 on daddys.com.

If you want to go used, definitely give it a look, there are many quality used tube amps to be had for $400-600.
I'm pretty familiar with Crates, have had a few (still have one.) They are ok for practice, but the new ones get lost in live band situations. I would never buy one new or to use for gigging. Even though the old one I have sounds better in some ways than the newer ones I still would choose a tube any day.