alright.. when descending back down in a scale.. doing like.. triplet pull offs if that's what you want to call them (pull offs from pinky to ring to index) as soon as I lift my pinky my ring finger lifts up too and I can't stop it.. is there anything I can do about that like some kind of exercise or anything that I can do to correct the problem?
Holden Caulfield is a friend of mine.
We go drinking from time to time.
I used to have this problem too. It's a pain! I found doing it slower really helped. You have to train your ring finger to not lift up. Try slower pulloffs and speed up over time.

It helped me anyways!
You can also try anchoring your Thumb around the neck of the Guitar more, it will give you better leverage, and you can really jam your Ring finger into the fretboard and work on isolating your finger muscles. That kind of stuff is common in most everyone, I still can't bend my Pinky without my Ring finger bending too, but I can do it the other way around.

You don't even have to do the triplets to exercise, just try holding your Ring finger in one place and move your Pinky separately.

A good exercise (no Guitar needed) to do is to put just your finger tips on a flat surface. Lift your Index and Ring finger, then as you're putting them down again, lift your Middle and Pinky. Keep repeating this over and over until you start to do it fluidly.

Also you can do a similar maneuver: Tap one finger on a flat surface (usually the Index), then tap the next finger in line (Middle if you use the Index), and tap the Index again, and continue through your fingers and back. You can make up your own patterns to use, and it's very effective for developing your fingers when you can't play Guitar, or you just feel like doing it.

Hope that helps.
Quote by Jesus Himself Christ
You know, you're one pretty cool guy, Kylster.

Please click this and critique some little ditties I done madeified myselfins!
Quote by Kylster
You can also try anchoring your Thumb around the neck of the Guitar more, it will give you better leverage, and you can really jam your Ring finger into the fretboard and work on isolating your finger muscles. That kind of stuff is common in most everyone, I still can't bend my Pinky without my Ring finger bending too, but I can do it the other way around.

You don't even have to do the triplets to exercise, just try holding your Ring finger in one place and move your Pinky separately.

A good exercise (no Guitar needed) to do is to put just your finger tips on a flat surface. Lift your Index and Ring finger, then as you're putting them down again, lift your Middle and Pinky. Keep repeating this over and over until you start to do it fluidly.

Also you can do a similar maneuver: Tap one finger on a flat surface (usually the Index), then tap the next finger in line (Middle if you use the Index), and tap the Index again, and continue through your fingers and back. You can make up your own patterns to use, and it's very effective for developing your fingers when you can't play Guitar, or you just feel like doing it.

Hope that helps.

heh...that first exercise is quite tough at first. My fingers arent the most trained, I can still use my pinky properly and that first one gave me some troubles.

That's going to help my muscle memory a lot though. Thanks man

"As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being..."

~ C.G. Jung