Page 1 of 4
Title explains it all. My favorite riff is the first guitar part in the Root of All Evil by Dream Theater

Sorry I don't know how to post tabs but if I find out I will post it.

Does anyone know how to a section of a tab?
Last edited by TheNextJimi at Oct 24, 2007,
most of my faves are dream theater, but THE top is rock bottom by UFO, followed closely by the elad bit at the start of a change of seasons part 7 (crimson sunrise? or is it sunset?)
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
my favourite riff is the start one in call of the ktulu.
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
Hmmm, Mine would probably be either Enter Sandman all the way through or basically anything Metallica Yeah...My Fave Riffs to play are everything Metallica
==Gear==
Ibanez Rg321
Roland Cube 30X
whenever im bored i find myself playing that riff from the guy of "into eternity" on UG tv
mine is By sunset of The Eyes of a Traitor
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
Ibanez VBT700
Ibanez SZ320
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Crafter D8/N
Peavey Transtube Bandit 112
Peavey Grind Bass 5 BXP NTB
Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby
Quote by Optimus Switch
Hmmm, Mine would probably be either Enter Sandman all the way through or basically anything Metallica Yeah...My Fave Riffs to play are everything Metallica

you're a good man
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
Like lights to flies by trivum for me

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

No more tears, Push it (Static-x), Conquer All (Behemoth) and I am the law.
Haha thanks Footzyrama, I was wondering is that part of Call of Ktulu hard?
I havent to be honested listened to the song much, i know...SIN
==Gear==
Ibanez Rg321
Roland Cube 30X
My favourite's the intro riff to Laid to Rest by Lamb Of God, it's the first thing I play as soon as I pick up a guitar.
Black Dog is pretty fun.. that and the lead riff from For Whom the Bell Tolls
Holden Caulfield is a friend of mine.
We go drinking from time to time.
My favourite's the intro riff to Laid to Rest by Lamb Of God, it's the first thing I play as soon as I pick up a guitar.

True, can't believe I forgot about that. IF I am in a mellow kind of mood I also like to play the intro of April 29 by sublime
Yyz
Quote by TDS
You know what would be awsome? A phone that doubled as a fleshlight that recharged power through kinetic motion.

"hold on guys my phone's dying."
*fap*
"Ok we're good."
Quote by tyl3risan1nj4
Im not really into older metal but Crazy Train is fun to play. Also As I Lay Dying.

i like to play AILD also.

but my all time fav riff has to be The Trooper
Quote by Jimbou
I wish my sister asked me to do it again..she's really hot....

I'm going to hell

EDIT..mmhhh, I would stand going to hell if I could do it again now
At the moment I end up playing....*picks up guitar*...Redneck by Lamb of God...*plays more*...Throwing Your Life Away by Spiritual Beggars and...*bit more* ...As I Am by Dream Theater.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
"A.I.R." by Anthrax's verse riff. Nice fast machine gun chugs and power chord changes.
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.
Zeppelin - No Quarter
Zeppelin - the Ocean
Kansas- Carry On...
Cream - Sunshine...
Wolfmother - Colossal
Audioslave - the Worm
Audioslave - Your Time Has Come
+1 to the guy who said everything metallica, plus Phantom Of The Opera -Iron Maiden, Raining Blood too is fun especially when I put on my octaver so it sounds like evil chipmunks on crack, A few of the riffs from Thunderhorse- Dethklok are sweet too
I can't believe no one has mentioned Smoke On The Water!
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Opening riff to Sweet Child O Mine. It is THE ultimate riff
Avenged Sevenfold. November 10, 2007
BB King. December 1, 2007
Metallica. November 9, 2008
Avenged Sevenfold. November 23, 2008
Anything Dream theater - though my favorite would prolly have to be the part on S.C. - In the presence of enemies Part 1, when JP swtches on his EVH phase 90 and plays. God I like shoot in my pants when I hear that part. No matter how simple it is, it sounds so awesome.
Dream Factory, what time does that happen? I love the song but never heard that part
The tap part of Eruption is really fun to play, actually I love to play all of Eruption.

Also, the first Purple Haze riff.
Quote by Optimus Switch
Haha thanks Footzyrama, I was wondering is that part of Call of Ktulu hard?
I havent to be honested listened to the song much, i know...SIN

It's hard for me but I suck at chord type stuff so I can't switch positions to quickly....

I really like this part from Ktulu on bass...
G||--------------------------|------------------------|--------------------------|
D||:-------------------------|------------------------|--------------------------|
A||:-------------0-----2--3--|--------------0--2---3--|--------------0-----2--3--|
E||--0--0--0--0-----0--------|--1--1--1--1------------|--2--2--2--2-----0--------|

e  e  e  e e+s e+s e
G||------------------------|
D||-----------------------:|  x4
A||--5-----------3--2-----:|  
E||-----3--3--3---------3--|

e  e  e  e  e  e  e  e     e  e  e  e e+s e+s e
G||--------------------------|------------------------|--------------------------|
D||:-------------------------|------------------------|--------------------------|
A||:-------------3-----5--6--|--------------3--5---6--|--------------3-----5--6--|
E||--3--3--3--3-----3--------|--4--4--4--4------------|--5--5--5--5-----5--------|

e  e  e  e e+s e+s e
G||-------------------------|
D||------------------------:|
A||--8-----------6--5------:|
E||-----6--6--6---------6---|
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
For some reason, I always find myself playing Cult of Personality when I warm up. Also, the intro to South of Heaven.
Rust in Peace... Polaris - Megadeth has so many rad riffs in it.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Jambi or Lateralus by Tool
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
anything by carcass.... splintered visions by into eternity, conquer all - behemoth
Everytime I pick up my guitar I am playing Holy Wars...The Punishment Due (Megadeth) for some reason, that and Angel of Death and Jesus Saves (bb Slayer), hmm, fun thrash metal!
Page 1 of 4