over the last week or 2 i have been asking the bass forum for some help and this is yet another thread. i saw a 26 fret CR bass today and sounded pretty decent but i just wanted to know, does carlo robelli make good basses?

EDIT how good are stingray copies from olp, im just wondering cuz i just ebayed it and damn are they low.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Last edited by Phillitalian at Oct 24, 2007,
First off, I congratulate you. You actually did some research before asking if you should buy a bass. Kudos all round!

I can't speak on the Carlo Robelli basses, but the OLP's are OK copies. However, if you have played a real Stingray, they are not going to feel or play as well and be a bit of a disappointment.
Quote by anarkee
First off, I congratulate you. You actually did some research before asking if you should buy a bass. Kudos all round!

I can't speak on the Carlo Robelli basses, but the OLP's are OK copies. However, if you have played a real Stingray, they are not going to feel or play as well and be a bit of a disappointment.

Orly? are they a suggestible starter bass?

EDIT: im on a budget and cant spend over $200, but i want something that looks cooler than a p or j bass.

Second EDIT: when i asked about the starter bass, i was talking about the stingray copy
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci

Writing music is hard D:
Last edited by Phillitalian at Oct 25, 2007,
From my standpoint and experience playing one (in shop for about 45 minutes), they are solid starter basses. Again, I am bit prejudiced because I have a Stingray, but if someone have given me the OLP as a starter, I would have been quite happy.
OLPs are more than decent starter basses.

Carlo Robelli... lemme put it this way, if you make a relatively large purchase at Sam Ash and you get a Carlo Robelli for free, it's not a total waste. But to actually spend 2-300 bucks on one? You have better uses for your money.
haha
so OLP stingray yay

Carlo robelli, nay
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by Phillitalian
EDIT how good are stingray copies from olp, im just wondering cuz i just ebayed it and damn are they low.

They're good...Fitz had a horrible experience, but I think it was a one-off thing, the MM3 is far better than the MM2, I've owned both...But the MM2 was a brief affair, and mistake. They are passive though, and don't sound like reall EBMM's, but I love mine, I'd get the double humbucker 5'er...That's just me.

Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.