can anyone please help this PC newb!

I bought the Toneport UX1, and recieved it today. I couldn't get the programs it came with to work, apparently I don't have quite enough RAM, for the three individual programs it makes you download, although you only use one.

anyways, I DL'ed Audacity hoping it wasn't a bungled ball of retardation that is Line 6's gear box. but I can't get it to pick up my guitars signal running through the toneport box. can anyone please help me figure this out. I'm completely lost here.
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
Unfortunately to use the signal coming through the Toneport (at least through my knowledge) you must use Gearbox. Gearbox is the program that reads the signal.
Quote by pcline85
Unfortunately to use the signal coming through the Toneport (at least through my knowledge) you must use Gearbox. Gearbox is the program that reads the signal.

He's right. You need to have Gearbox running to have any input signal at all.
as far as i know you have to have gearbox open to use the toneport, however you could try setting the toneport to no amp and thus just getting your basic guitar signal then running that through Audacity.

i have no idea if that would work though, and if it did i would suspect it would eat RAM like a monster and have alot of latency
You have to have Gear Box open are you'll get so sound whatsoever, how much RAM do you have? o.0 You should still be able to run gear box and audacity at the same time.