so i have a Schecter Gryphon. i like it alot. BUT me and some friends are talking about starting a band and i was wondering, would this guitar be ok to gig with? i could get a nice marshal amp, thats no prob, i just need to know about the guitar itself. and also i am decent, but can't improvise for sh- so anyone got any tips for jamming and writing music?
Quote by Jimbou
I wish my sister asked me to do it again..she's really hot....

I'm going to hell

EDIT..mmhhh, I would stand going to hell if I could do it again now
Learn all the forms of the pentatonic. Once you get those, you can hear a song and almost immediatly start improvising out a little solo to it.
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
ah, thanks man
Quote by Jimbou

I'm going to hell

Quote by nt1440
thats true, i hate kids who go "oh noess limewire is soo bad, viruses everywhere crashed my computer, had to buy a new one" well mayb thatll teach u that the a song isnt 112 kb and named cute_teen_has_orgasm_on_webcam_xxx
My dad owns the Gryphon, I have been playing for 17 years and ive played all sorts of guitars and i actually really like it. I would gig with it no problem. As far as jamming and improv goes, its a great idea to learn the pentatonics, but learn your Major and Minor scales first, from there learn them in the different positions on the neck and then learn your major and minor pentatonic scales. It really makes the patterns just literally jump out at you when you start to improvise. I like to record a simple progression in one key, like E C D, play all of them major for a while and record it, and then practice over it using the scales you've learned. Then take that and try it in different keys. You know the way Steve Vai learned to put abstract keys together with scales that didnt fit and still make it sound good is by recording a progression, forgetting about it, then going back and trying to improv over it without knowing what key he was in. I dont agree with learning to play in one mode over one key and then taking that to other things, learn your major and minor scales and then just figure out what sounds good over different keys.
nah i mean my friend has a nice one, not an mg, i think he has a crate too, but im not sure on that one
Quote by Jimbou

I'm going to hell

I thought the title said "Onions please" for a second.

I think the guitar is fine. You know what they say, a great amp can polish a turd. BUT, you really need an incredibly powerful amp. 30-40 watts of tube should be fine.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
thanks alot musiclover, ill give that a shot.
Quote by Jimbou

I'm going to hell

Quote by SupremeACL
I thought the title said "Onions please" for a second.

I think the guitar is fine. You know what they say, a great amp can polish a turd. BUT, you really need an incredibly powerful amp. 30-40 watts of tube should be fine.

haha. well i can use a good amp.

but on another note i have been wanting a Orange amp for a long time. anyone ever used one?
Quote by Jimbou

I'm going to hell

Quote by alec1027
haha. well i can use a good amp.

but on another note i have been wanting a Orange amp for a long time. anyone ever used one?

Oh god...what are you using now?

Actually forget that question, a real Orange tube (not the crush ****) will be better than almost anything you can find. And almost always upgrade your amp before the guitar, it works out well
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
right now i just have a 30W Drive practice amp, but i am going to be getting new (large) amp sometime and i was wondering what i should go for.
Quote by Jimbou

I'm going to hell