Poll: Modern Day Police Quest
Poll Options
View poll results: Modern Day Police Quest
Yes
16 76%
No
5 24%
Voters: 21.
What would everyone think if there was a GTA style game but you're the police. If you've ever played the old police quest games it could have a 3D and updated approach to some aspects of that game.

Would anyone like fighting crime instead of causing it (you could be on patrol, responding to calls, looking out for crime, write speeding tickets etc.) it would be hard to pull off in an interesting but realistic way.

(ps3, 360, pc)
I spent hours on Vice City driving round in a police car, with the uniform on, looking out for crime, and putting a stop to it.

"It's not nice when people call you darling and that"
I love the original Police Quest games. In fact any Sierra game like that, Kings Quest, Leisure Suit Larry, Space Quest etc. etc. would be fantastic if they were updated.
writing speeding tickets?

isnt the whole idea of a video game to escape reality w/o drugs?
Quote by Dimebag22
This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.

yeah, thats me

member 42 of the Iron Maiden are gods club. PM revelations to join
you can't shoot innocent people when yur a cop
They have s.w.a.t games, and i think that's the only real non-stop action job a cop gets. Yeah, writing tickets, pulling people over for broken brakelights, ect would get very boring and fast..
my gear:
Jackson DKMG(the one with EMG 81/85's)
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
old gear i'll probably sell eventually:
yamaha beginners guitar
gunmetal grey Fender squire strat
Fender 65R amp
Quote by electricsnake
you can't shoot innocent people when yur a cop

Since when?
"It's not nice when people call you darling and that"
Quote by Mr_BTP
writing speeding tickets?

isnt the whole idea of a video game to escape reality w/o drugs?

okay, maybe not writing speeding tickets, but you'd have the option to.

and yes, GTA cop mode, i tried doing the exact same thing, being a good guy and preventing crime but the game isnt made for that so its unrewarding.

I'm talking about realistic, unglorifide but realistic copping (maybe a bit glorifide). Think about online, speaking over your radio to other cruisers and other players respond over it.

It would be very hard to pull off, i know that, true crime, i never played it but it was probably half sim, half rushed, you know?

I'd be happy with an option in GTA to be a cop or something the main problem : Keeping crime new and fun, while keeping it realistic. you could do this with bad guys online but it would be havoc, with every criminal being out of control.
It'd be awesome, I'd love to go lay some smackdown with my baton..../innuendo
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by Crazy
I'd be happy with an option in GTA to be a cop or something the main problem : Keeping crime new and fun, while keeping it realistic. you could do this with bad guys online but it would be havoc, with every criminal being out of control.

Well if you play San Andreas on a Role Play server it's not too bad. I once got arrested for drug dealing .
Quote by oZone_TNS
Well if you play San Andreas on a Role Play server it's not too bad. I once got arrested for drug dealing .

actually, they could have a points system in GTA, if youre a criminal and you get caught you get points deducted, if you don't get caught you get points. have limits and stuff that are enforced by the police (don't just have criminals respawn)

This would be better:

"Cops and Robbers" it could be a cross between GTA and police quest
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I have a serious question.

Will a doughnut based mini-game be involved, or integral to the story?

is that even a question. Of course.
Itd be great if it had the free roam option GTA has and not the *BLECKH* options True Crime has.
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
I live in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) I want a GTA GTA so bad!!
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS