Is there a way to replace my battery powered EMG with a Seymour Duncan, Gibson, Dimarzio, or Rockfield Passive Pick-Up?
My stuff:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Spider III 75W w/ FBV Express
Squire Affinity Series Strat
Fender Frontman 15W Amp
Fender 57 Mini Twin Deluxe Tweed Mini-Amp
Yes. You will need to replace the 25k pots with 500k though, and get a new jack to replace the stero jack. If you're doing it in the Hellraiser though, I would advise against it if it has a battery compartment. It will be empty if you put in passives, unless you add an active gain or Eq boost of some kind.
yea. it would require u taking out the wiring from the EMGs and putting in an all-new wiring setup with the pickups. But if u need more tones other than a really heavy one, then its well worth it.
ok i was just wondering cuz im not really crazy about emg 81 and 85s in my hellraiser, and wanted to try out some duncans
My stuff:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Spider III 75W w/ FBV Express
Squire Affinity Series Strat
Fender Frontman 15W Amp
Fender 57 Mini Twin Deluxe Tweed Mini-Amp
Quote by CJRocker
Yes. You will need to replace the 25k pots with 500k though, and get a new jack to replace the stero jack. If you're doing it in the Hellraiser though, I would advise against it if it has a battery compartment. It will be empty if you put in passives, unless you add an active gain or Eq boost of some kind.

You don't need a new jack, you just have to take one wire off the ring of the jack. And why would an empty battery compartment matter?

Otherwise, yes. Just get new pots and wire everything up right, there ya go.
Your not happy with your 81 / 85 combo !
First time anyone's ever said that ! lol
What seymour duncan's are you thinking of putting in?
High gain high outputs are mint, but your trying to get away from the heavier sound... and the whole active thing lol
what about changing to like an EMG60?i think david gilmour uses them.u can get a single coil, and an 85 sound.i dont have much experience is this department,but maybe it would save some hassle...just throwing ideas out there
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
Quote by Hardrockbryan
ok i was just wondering cuz im not really crazy about emg 81 and 85s in my hellraiser, and wanted to try out some duncans

You probably should have bought a C1-Classic. Can you trade your guitar in?
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
Quote by wyldeshredder
what about changing to like an EMG60?i think david gilmour uses them.u can get a single coil, and an 85 sound.i dont have much experience is this department,but maybe it would save some hassle...just throwing ideas out there

He's clearly looking for a sound that's different from the 85 sound, so why would more EMGs be good?