My Schecter that I got like a month ago just got dented in several places. I left it on my stand and my mom came and knocked it f*cking over. Now there's this dent on the far top and smaller ones across the back. Is there any possible way to fix this? Even though I probably know the answer already....
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
Learn to accept and love it. It adds character
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
dents are character. they wont stay perfect forever.
Gear
ESP Vintage Plus
LTD M-II
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Flextone IIIXL
I feel your pain, man, I have a few dents in my Dot Studio's neck that I wish to hell weren't there. I'd say you just try not to think about them, consider it "breaking your guitar in".

It may suck now, but in a while I doubt you'll care much about them.

If it matters that much to you, you could probably get a luthier to fix them or something, but I don't imagine the price would be worth it.
Epiphone Dot Studio
Peavey Valve King 112 (w/ Eminence Texas Heat)
Digitech Hot Head
Dunlop Cry Baby GCB-95
Elixir .010-.052
I once got an entire chunk of wood (you could see the actual wood the finish was completly gone) taken out of my schecter C-1 plus after i let a friend of mine play it.
Quote by spoonylove90
dents are character. they wont stay perfect forever.

+1

perfectly worded..

I have a guitar thats been totally trashed and I love it to death.
Quote by cnut
When I was eight, me and my best friend started "practicing for girls".
Which involved us going into the woods, and him sticking his dick in my ass.
The last time we did it, his sister caught us.

use AVG as your anti-virus
yeah, you won't be mad after a bit, like the other guy said, it adds charachter
dents can be raised a bit with steaming. but it still wont look perfect. probably better off just punching ur mom.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
They aren't dents or dings... they are battle scars from the endless battle that is guitar playing
I guess they do add character, it's just that I like keeping my things nice and perfect. Oh well then, it could have been worse, the neck could have broken off or something.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
Hey, you haven't see my Jackson KV
Took it out of the box, and managed to take the paint off one of the spikes when I was putting the strap on!
ohai little sig.
Quote by jj1565
dents can be raised a bit with steaming. but it still wont look perfect. probably better off just punching ur mom.

LMAO. +1
Eh, it happens dude. My Gibby SG is full of marks (some noticable some small). It'll happen no matter what you do; sooner or later there was going to be a scratch on that guitar (it just so happens that you were lucky enough to get it now. I would think its something to be proud of....not really......

And a dent you say?

Like in the wood?

I would imagine that really ****s the guitar up, and maybe dent isnt the right word for what happened. For it too fall over and the outcome to be a dent, then your guitar wood must have been uber soft.
Quote by jj1565

Wow, that's kinda harsh

But in any event, steaming's not as effective with poly as nitro, is it? I thought I remember reading that somewhere. The dents and dings never bothered me enough for me to take steam to one of my guitars so I haven't actually tried it myself.
i dont know. ive never cared to try, but if you google, "steaming the dent out of a guitar" u'll get a page of how Tos.

http://www.frets.com/FRETSPages/Luthier/Technique/Finish/SteamOut/steamout1.html
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Just tell people that you were playing on stage when security couldn't hold the onrush of fans and you had to deal some guitar justice to angry/jealous boyfriends chasing their women onstage.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by Jersey_Zombie
My Schecter that I got like a month ago just got dented in several places. I left it on my stand and my mom came and knocked it f*cking over. Now there's this dent on the far top and smaller ones across the back. Is there any possible way to fix this? Even though I probably know the answer already....

Move out.
freepatriot.com
"People never misapply their economy so much as when they make mean provision for the education of children. The only practicable method to reform mankind is to begin with children." -- Noah Webster
Neck dents are pretty annoying, but in the body it adds charecter, my dean in full of scratches & dents.
Dean From Hell
Jackson USA King V
Randall RG-50 TC All Tube Combo
Heck. My Squire Strat has holes all over the fretboard from a BB gun. All of the springs that held the pickups in place are gone. The bridge springs are rusted 10 times over. Every single screw hole is stripped. And yet...

Oh wait. It's completely unplayable.

Srry. I'm not sure how that's supposed to help. I guess... be happy it wasn't worse?
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Get your parents on a cruise, try to pretend to come with them, fail, go home, made an evil plan for revenge, get your talking dog to say you wouldn't, rent a speed boat, go to the cruise, find a machine gun, shoot your mom until she falls off the edge, watch out she doesn't come back to haunt you.

That's what Stuie Griffin did.
Dean From Hell
Jackson USA King V
Give your mom a hug and tell that it doesn't matter at all. The guitar is playable, it sounds great, so what's the deal anyway?
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
Quote by Muppet
Give your mom a hug and tell that it doesn't matter at all. The guitar is playable, it sounds great, so what's the deal anyway?
But it would be more fun to do what I said, right? Right????????
Dean From Hell
Jackson USA King V
You guys say, dents and dings add character (and i agree to a certain extent), ..but what if one day you think of selling your axe to get a better one...the value has decreased quite a bit in my opinion.