I either have super slinkys (9's) or Extra Slinkys (8's), don't remeber what i put on it

Because i don't tune down very much i didn't think this was a problem cause i used a floating bridge guitar, but now i'm investing and eventually getting a fixed bridge guitar and are going to be playing in tuning like 1 and 1/2 steps down and even 2 steps down, Would the gauges i have pose a problem?

I use them becasue i have have small fingers and they are easier on my fingers for bends and stuff, i could move up to a regualr set of 9's or MAYBE 10's, but how much of a difference would that make when i tune down? And how much harder on my fingers would 10's be?
Well, theres a chance that they could be like spaghetti on the neck if theres not much tension. Though, Iommi tuned low and used lite strings so i guess you could be alright.
Down to drop C, supers will be fine, ive never played on extras though
Quote by cnut
When I was eight, me and my best friend started "practicing for girls".
Which involved us going into the woods, and him sticking his dick in my ass.
The last time we did it, his sister caught us.

use AVG as your anti-virus
10s would be better. Even going down to Drop D, my Super Slinkys feel too loose to me. It seems like 10s can do anything, and my neck is only around a 24" scale length, so it its a 25.5", i think ull be good with 10s. Most acoustics come with 10s, so its gonna be like those with lower action.
Quote by qotsa1998
10s would be better. Even going down to Drop D, my Super Slinkys feel too loose to me. It seems like 10s can do anything, and my neck is only around a 24" scale length, so it its a 25.5", i think ull be good with 10s. Most acoustics come with 10s, so its gonna be like those with lower action.

What do most classical guitars come with, because they are heavyer than my electric's strings but they still feel good
I had 10's on my SG, until a friend of mine realized it kept going out of tune very quickly. I would really suggest that you get heavy bottoms. Its a pack made by slicky tht give you a pack of 10's though replace the low E with a gauge 11 low E. the sustain was way better, and it held its own.

So in the end the moral of the story is that gauge affects how well your strings with stay in tune, and how well they sound once they are in tune (not saying that the guitar itself isnt included in those characteristics of tuning with different gauges).
I'm using 10-46 guage tuned to B-Standard, just gotta play a little less harder and it will be ok.
well, my band is starting to tune down to drop c. i have a floyed and need to use 11s to keep the strings tight.
Try Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottom. They are AWESOME for low tunings. I think it's 56-10.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
I tune to Drop D, half step flat on my Jackson all the time with 9s. It may be a tad buzzy, but thats to be expected. You'll be fine. Of course my Jackson can do to Drop B and intonate and play right with 9s, and it still doesn't make enough string buzz to come through my amp, so maybe I've got the freak guitar

EDIT: I should mention I use DR Tite Fit 9s though, which could have something to do with it, because on the wound strings they are wound .01 thicker, and then the winding is compressed, making it .42, etc.
I mainly play in dropped C & nothing lighter than .11's will do for me.
Dean From Hell
Jackson USA King V
Randall RG-50 TC All Tube Combo