i was looking at the s470dxqm

its about $650 but i found some schecters around that price:

damien fr
c1 fr
synyster standard

i need the double locking trem
the schecters seem better b/c they got better stock PUs but their trem might not be as good

which 1 is the best in ur opinion guys?

thanks
I like C1s a lot.

As you said, the Schecters have better stock pups. I also like their necks better than Wizard necks (if that's what the Ibanez you're looking at has).

I don't use double locking vibratos, so I can't help you there - I'd suggest you just beat the crap out of both at the store and see which you like better.
Epiphone Dot Studio
Peavey Valve King 112 (w/ Eminence Texas Heat)
Digitech Hot Head
Dunlop Cry Baby GCB-95
Elixir .010-.052
S470...load that baby up with better pickups in time and a better trem.
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Traynor YCV 50 Custom Blue

Quote by Dee'snutz
YES! you, Dazed/confused, are a genius. my thanks to you, good friend
i personally like the shecter c1-fr, m y friend has one and i stole it from him for a few hours lol

but try out the guitars your thinking of buying before ordering them
If u use the trem alot, or like to, get the S470 with a ZR. In time, put in some great pickups, and u should be set. But if u like FRs, and want a better sound sooner, go with the Synyster std. No matter how much i dislike A7X, the shape of it looks awesome, and it comes with Invaders stock. I also think the Chrome Vengance guitar is the same price or close, and i like that more than the pinstripe Synyster.
Both are great metal guitars. It all just comes down to what you like, your tone, etc. Seriously, I could never really choose which one is better since they both excel in the metal genre.
coming from a S470 owner, I can tell you I play several styles with the stock pickups and they really arent as bad as people make them out to be.
Mesa Lonestar Special
Traynor YCV40WR
Ibanez -Artcore AS103BM
Fender American Deluxe Strat
Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Delay
Red Witch Empress Chorus
Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
MXR '76 RI Dynacomp
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah
Jetter Jetdrive
EHX POG
Quote by ledroses23
coming from a S470 owner, I can tell you I play several styles with the stock pickups and they really arent as bad as people make them out to be.

Coming from an RG Prestige owner, I can tell you that the Dimarzio/Ibz stock pick ups aren't as bad as everyone says, they are worse.
and i can tell you that the active pickups on the C-1 FR diamond series are very very good!!

oh, and i'm a schecter owner
you will also need to take in to account the neck profile it may be too thick for you. I know there has been a few people selling theres on this very site for that reason.
Plus the neck isnt very good if you a fast shreder as the neck is painted on some schecters
depending on what model you choose i suppose.
The trems are both good but i rather string-thru my self.
I think that a schecter would be better, but thats my oppion.
Well anyways have fun and good luck with your choice.
Stew
my gear:
jackson dk2m
ibanez grg170dx.
peavey vyper 15
warwick corvette 5 string
ashdown 5 15
Quote by qotsa1998
But if u like FRs, and want a better sound sooner, go with the Synyster std.

The Invaders in the Synyster custon aren't among the highly praised pickups on this site. In fact, most people dislike their tone.

Quote by qotsa1998
No matter how much i dislike A7X, the shape of it looks awesome, and it comes with Invaders stock.

If you like the shape, it's pretty much just a stock model with a different paintjob and Invaders. Also, there is the matter of the inlays which are, well, not just completely tasteless, but also offensively ugly.

Quote by qotsa1998
I also think the Chrome Vengance guitar is the same price or close, and i like that more than the pinstripe Synyster.

The Vengeance model also is pretty much a stock model with a few minor differences. If you're looking for something similar with a hell of a lot more value for money, get a stock Schecter.

That being said, I do highly suggest the S470; the neck is great, the pickups may not be that exciting but they're not bad either and it has a nice trem.

Quote by stew91
you will also need to take in to account the neck profile it may be too thick for you. I know there has been a few people selling theres on this very site for that reason.

Good point. The neck on the Schecter is a lot fatter than the one on the Ibanez, so try them both out to see which profile you prefer.

Quote by stew91
Plus the neck isnt very good if you a fast shreder as the neck is painted on some schecters
depending on what model you choose i suppose.

There's nothing wrong with painted necks; my CS Jackson has a painted neck and it never slows me down.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Oct 25, 2007,
kk so its half half now between the 470 and the schecter synyster

imma stick with the stock pups for now but i guess from u guys that the 470 is better
cuz of the trem

imo the 470 is better so... thx guys for the help

but any ideas for future pup upgrades?