Page 3 of 14
Quote by CoreysMonster
I'll take these guys over Periphery, anyday.

Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
So, apparently Tesseract are gonna be touring with Devin Townsend in N. America. Damn I'm jealous of you Americans right now.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Quote by loonyguitarist
So, apparently Tesseract are gonna be touring with Devin Townsend in N. America. Damn I'm jealous of you Americans right now.

Yep, that is a show I would kill to see if I was anywhere near it... but still, apparently they're on Century Media now so with any luck the album should see the light of day soon.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Marskell
there album still not out yet?

Not yet, no, I'm 90% sure it's all been recorded and they've just been waiting for a good deal to put it out though.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Yeah it's mastered and everything, so they should announce a release date sometime soon hopefully. Somehow I missed that they got signed...
Quote by Liberation
When I saw the thread was bumped I thought that it finally meant the album had arrived. Alas, no. They said it was label trouble, I think. I'm pretty bloody fed up waiting now.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Love this band, seen them when they weren't so famous because my guitar teacher was good mates with their old singer. The albums been finished for ages, they've just been waiting for someone big to pick them up, so now Century Media has come it shouldn't be too long. I can't wait.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Bit of an update from their myspace, I see.

Due to MORE label bollocks the full length isn't out until next year! But they're releasing a Concealing fate EP - 27 minutes long, songs in the Concealing Fate theme - in October. I suppose that's some progress.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
EP Teaser!

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=59891

The rerecording of the original Concealing Fate song with the new singer sounds fantastic, from the clip I've heard.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Seeing these guys Oct 9 opening for Devy, gonna be awesome.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
is Concealing Fate Part 1 a song of theirs?
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
Quote by freddaahh
EP Teaser!

The rerecording of the original Concealing Fate song with the new singer sounds fantastic, from the clip I've heard.

I think I'll always prefer the old version (and possibly the old singer). Still sounds pretty good though. At least they got a better singer than Periphery...
Quote by Liberation
Already? Damn, I'm having to wait until Oct 12th I think.
Quote by Liberation
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I have got the EP, it's pretty amazing, love how it all blends into one amazing song.

How did get your hands on that? I thought it wasn't out until October. Unless... Leaked!
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Quote by freddaahh
How did get your hands on that? I thought it wasn't out until October. Unless... Leaked!

Yeah it has leaked, i have all 6 tracks of the EP, I think the Download link it still up so I'll PM that to people who PM me.
Quote by freddaahh
EP Teaser!

1:45 = total meshuggah rip-off

Don't know what to make of this band, not nearly as awful as periphery.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
downloading now. i found a good trorrent, lets hope its good

loving the new vocalist a lot! i like the little changes they have made to the original Concealing Fate song of the demo. 4 thumbs up
"We carry death out of the village!"
Last edited by Marskell at Sep 23, 2010,
Impatient bastards.
Quote by Liberation
So, my EP came yesterday. Good stuff, I say.
Quote by Liberation
Seriously disappointed. The new vocalist's whiny, nowhere near as powerful as the old guy, terrible harsh vocals. The production has gone to shit - the demo version of Acceptance is head and shoulders above the EP. Drums (cymbals, particularly) sound horrible, vocals layered so much it's almost a gimmick, the guitar tone's gone to shit. Really not pleased.

Hopefully the other tracks will be a bit better once it's sunk in properly.
I do prefer the original version of Acceptance, mainly because I heard it first and it's why I got into Tesseract. The new vocalist doesn't have quite the same effect in my opinion, and his screams really don't work as well. I thought he had a whiny voice at first, but I got used to it after watching Deception a few times.

He fits really well on the other tracks though, at least I think so. I'm just glad they didn't ruin great music by putting a crap singer over it *coughperipherycough*

Don't see what you mean about the guitar and cymbals, if anything I think the cymbals sound better. Keep in mind they produced and mixed it themselves, so I'm pretty impressed in that respect.

I hope you like it after a few listens.
Quote by Liberation
I haven't heard much of their music, but they're touring here in November with Meshuggah.

99% sure I'm going.

Edit: Spencer Sotello is so not crap!
I think he's a great singer.
Last edited by unet at Oct 13, 2010,
Quote by unet
Edit: Spencer Sotello is so not crap!
I think he's a great singer.

Well obviously it's all preference, but the video for Icarus Lives just makes me wince. Sounds like he's constipated and straining REALLY hard to push out this really thin voice, especially the harsh vocals. Just me maybe

Anyway, I hope they stray out of their comfort zone of the south east when they come back to the UK.
Quote by Liberation
I'll admit Casey Sabol has a better singing voice...but I still really enjoy listening to the Periphery album with vocals.

Just DL'ed the TesseracT EP...starting the listen.
Saw them last week opening for Devy, what the played was pretty good, it just got boring towards the end, they had like a formula for each song, and didn't dare stray from it.

Best part was the bassist.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
I can't say enough about the new album, can't stop listening to it.
Took a long time but it's extremely well worth it, some of the grooviest sheet I've ever heard, and the vocals are fantastic. Seeing these guys at the Palladium in MA pretteh soon.
Quote by AluminumOxide
Cobain killed himself before he learned to play guitar.

Gibson SG Special
Schecter C1-Plus
just finished listening to the album.

Holy balls, I love this. Acceptance and Deception just completely blow my mind. Mainly because of the singer, who delivers one of the most amazing vocal performances I've heard in metal EVER.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Oct 26, 2010,
Ha, sounds like you're one of the first in the thread to say that about his voice.

I have to agree, though, I thought it was slightly too over-produced, but the EP was superb anyway. His voice is wonderful, and part of a very good record. I've listened through the whole thing time and again without any boredom.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Since I'd highlight that video as a reason why I think they're a good band, I won't even bother trying to persuade you.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Quote by Steve08
Yeah, gonna agree with Fred here, Tesseract are easily one of the best bands identified as djent.

whoopdeefuckingdoo, how many djent bands are there, like 4 or 5 maybe ?
Quote by NotFromANUS
dun dunun dun dununun dun dun dununun dunun dununun dun don't do drugs, kids

Quote by Steve08
Quite a lot actually.

http://got-djent.com/bands

god damn it all, this is worse than I expected.
Last edited by illuminatiano at Oct 26, 2010,