Page 5 of 14
I just recently watched their two music videos, and dld their new album, the new songs kick ass
Last edited by androidkaita at Mar 22, 2011,
i totally love this band. can anyone pls recommend me bands that make similar music?

p.s. i meant songs like april, impossible, nascent preferably
ESP/LTD MH-100QM See-Thru Blue
Behringer GM108
Vox Wah-Wah Pedal
Last edited by daverockz at Apr 9, 2011,
textures, meshuggah, Blub, Animals as Leaders, Periphy
"We carry death out of the village!"
thanks gonna check them out
Behringer GM108
Vox Wah-Wah Pedal
Quote by Marskell
Blub

yeah their awsome
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
can't find anything similar to tesseract. all screaming alot, and lack the relaxing atmosphere of t'ract songs..
Behringer GM108
Vox Wah-Wah Pedal
so high. tesseract sucks. all the cool kids now listen to defeater
"We carry death out of the village!"
srsly are there any bands that are similar to this??
Behringer GM108
Vox Wah-Wah Pedal
lol i'm just gonna check some progrock bands out.. i thought i'm gonna find some bands like this but it doesn't seem like that :S
Behringer GM108
Vox Wah-Wah Pedal
Quote by daverockz
lol i'm just gonna check some progrock bands out.. i thought i'm gonna find some bands like this but it doesn't seem like that :S

I'd personally suggest Karnivool in your particular case; although they are closer to Tool then to Meshuggah.
Quote by zach in black
it takes a real Djentleman to start a Tesseract thread.

Takes a genuine spastic to use that word.
I like this band.

That is all.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
How is this band not getting the attention Periphery are? One of the best bands I saw at Sonisphere.
Quote by babakkatt
Whats wrong with asking a girl what kind of cheese she likes?

LOUD NOISES
las7 gets so many high-fives for bringing up Karnivool. Themata is such an amazing album...

Seeing these guys this weekend. Pretty keen. The album may be the same 3 riffs over and over, but I'm betting that their live show is one hell of an experience. Still love how their vocalist uses his voice as an instrument and not just a device for getting lyrics across.
Quote by frnzd
How is this band not getting the attention Periphery are? One of the best bands I saw at Sonisphere.

I'd personally chalk it up to their lack of material. They have shown exactly one sound and they're milking it to the point of it becoming boring.

Sure, Conceiling Fate was awesome, but the songs on One (another big let down, only 5 new songs? What was the point of even making an LP?) sound mostly like cut-up versions of the CF songs.

Not to mention Misha is a pretty big underground name as far as music production goes, producing Animals as Leaders and whatnot, plus Misha is more present online, talking on forums and stuff.

I'm not saying I like Periphery more than TesseracT (I do not), but Bulb is constantly pumping out new tracks and doing stuff, while TesseracT are still doing the same CF songs over and over again.
I love their stuff though. Going to see them with Chimp Spanner and Uneven Structure in september. Uneven Structure wouldn't even have to be there. Or TesseracT even...

Chimp Spanner

Nah, his shits great.

Tesseract are ****ing mindblowing live though. I love the songs, but will admit the production is.... reedy, on the E.P. (and Album in my opinion, Amos gets no room). I saw them live before I'd even heard their output and they achieve pants-shitting beautiful tone. Amos's lines cut through like a knife.
Quote by CoreysMonster
I'd personally chalk it up to their lack of material. They have shown exactly one sound and they're milking it to the point of it becoming boring.

Sure, Conceiling Fate was awesome, but the songs on One (another big let down, only 5 new songs? What was the point of even making an LP?) sound mostly like cut-up versions of the CF songs.

Not to mention Misha is a pretty big underground name as far as music production goes, producing Animals as Leaders and whatnot, plus Misha is more present online, talking on forums and stuff.

I'm not saying I like Periphery more than TesseracT (I do not), but Bulb is constantly pumping out new tracks and doing stuff, while TesseracT are still doing the same CF songs over and over again.
Concealing Fate was originally released only in the US because they wanted to have something to sell on tour, which at the time, they didn't. Of course, when releasing anything it will inevitably be available all over the world via the internet, so releasing it only in the US turned out to be somewhat fruitless... Concealing Fate was always going to be on the album, as were those other songs, just they re-recorded the album like 6 billion times or something.
Quote by Steve08
Concealing Fate was originally released only in the US because they wanted to have something to sell on tour, which at the time, they didn't. Of course, when releasing anything it will inevitably be available all over the world via the internet, so releasing it only in the US turned out to be somewhat fruitless... Concealing Fate was always going to be on the album, as were those other songs, just they re-recorded the album like 6 billion times or something.

Wait, I'm confused: TesseracT are based in the UK, yet wanted something to sell on tour that would only be available in the US, then sold the EP via the internet to everywhere in the world, then spent a year mixing and recording everything all over again? I'm missing something here.

It just seems like a ridiculous move to me because everyone who bought the EP has pretty much zero incentive to pay the price of an LP for less new material than was on the EP.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Wait, I'm confused: TesseracT are based in the UK, yet wanted something to sell on tour that would only be available in the US, then sold the EP via the internet to everywhere in the world, then spent a year mixing and recording everything all over again? I'm missing something here.

It just seems like a ridiculous move to me because everyone who bought the EP has pretty much zero incentive to pay the price of an LP for less new material than was on the EP.
Let me re-write it more succinctly, in chronological order as much as I understand.

1. Tesseract want to tour the US with Devin and do not have any material released thus far
2. Tesseract also do not have any CDs to sell on tour
3. Tesseract decide to release Concealing Fate only in the US (I'm really not sure why) and sell it on tour
4. Everyone else hears it because everything is available on the internet these days.

Also, Jay speaking about this matter:
Quote by Jay Postones
It was a hard decision to make, considering the tracks also feature on 'One', but ultimately, we needed to have something out to coincide with our North American tour with Devin Townsend last year. We discussed our options with the label and decided the best idea was to put 'Concealing Fate' out as an EP. Funnily enough, years ago the original idea before releasing an album was to release 'Concealing Fate' as an EP but that soon turned into 'One' when we realized how much material we had.

More:

Quote by Jay Postones
We won't have the CDs no, they were printed exclusively for our US tour with DTP so we could have something to sell to the people who hadn't heard us before. One slight problem with this is that it's pissed off people as the songs will be appearing on One but people have to either have downloaded it or gone out of their way to import it from the States.... so really people, stop your moaning lol.

There may still be some up on the CM webstore for the die-hard collector. We didn't even get a copy ourselves - that's how limited it was!
Ah, that makes a lot more sense.

And it makes me realise I have to find my copy of CF because I have no idea where it is and had no idea it was such a limited release.
As a new boy to Djent i'm not sure what I can really add to this conversation but i am particularly listening to Meshuggah, Tesseract and Periphery and I must say I am very much enjoying it.

Concealing the fate is absolutely brilliant but finding one of their CD's to buy is very difficult unfortunately.
Last edited by naw2 at Jul 27, 2011,
I've just gotten used to the idea that finding CDs for any of the bands I like, even the bigger names in the metal community, is pretty tough around where I live, so I just buy the tracks off iTunes or Amazon.

Concealing the Fate is awesome, but I definitely think that the other songs on One are great. Sunrise, April, and Eden are really awesome, especially the last one.

Does anyone else think that their songs aren't very riff-centric, though? I mean, most of their songs seem to focus more on atmosphere than on out-and-out riffs.
I'm growing to think of them as really a more melodic take on Meshuggah's sound. Instead of a grinding, pulsing, cold, industrial wall, with harsh vocals being the focus, and totally atonal leads, TesseracT are doing the other end of the spectrum. Similar riff structure, but with more melodic qualities and chord progressions. It's almost like... Meshuggah almost go out of their way to stay out of a standard scale and/or chord progression, and TesseracT have almost gone out of their way to make the most melodic Meshuggah album ever. I dunno, that's at least how I've been interpreting it. The album kind of makes more sense when you put it more into the "rhythm and atmosphere based" bands, instead of the "straight forward riffage based" bands.
Quote by CoreysMonster
I'll put it in pictures:

Meshuggah is this:

and TesseracT is this:

I'm ok with this.

And yeah, I can see what Jack and Geldin mean, though Tesseract do have some monstrous riffage at points, like at 4:15 in The Impossible.