i got this question and i have to describe it and the effects of varying masses and distances. I'm not too sure i get it though. The equation is F = G * (m1m2) / r^2. does this mean that the greater the radius, the greater the force, since ill be mutiplying it to F?
I did this exact formula for weeks at uni.
"It's not nice when people call you darling and that"
Quote by newaccount
me too, but this is part of my midterm : (

Midterm? I don't have midterms 'til January. . .It was before Winter break but the stupid ****in' parents of the spoiled brats in my city were bitching about how that interfered with their vacations and their spoiled little children had to make up the exams <.< .
no, i think in this equation Force is inversely proportional to radius, so smaller radius will result in greater force
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Fernandes Dragonfly
Peavey Valveking 112

If I could write off your murder, I'd save all of my receipts,
because I'd rather you be dead, than lose a tiny shred of what I made this fiscal year - Dethklok
Nope. The greater r is, the less F will be. As you increase the denominator, you'll have a fraction of less and less value. Make up numbers if you're really not sure to make it easier.

eg...

4/2=2. 4/4=1. As the denominator increases, total value increases. as r increases, F decreases.
yup, I just rewrote to r ^ 2 = Gm1m2/F, and i understood it from that, thanks guys