So I thought I had solved my eq problems (too much low not enough high on my amp) with an eq pedal. It deffinitly tightened up my sound and I like my tone alot now but I've come across a problem.

I just recently started using sweeps and arpps in my solos and I've found that when I'm playing with the rhythm guitarist and drummer with stuff cranked(not actually cranked lol we don't hurt our ears that bad) I cannot hear the high stuff hardly at all. Lower stuff cuts through fine (like mid fretboard 12th on the D for example sounds out very loud over rhythm and drums) But as I go higher up the neck (15th fret B for example is almost garbled beyond hearing.) So I'm not sure what to do.

I usually boost during solos but if I boost too much when I come back down the fret board the mid stuff sounds outrageously loud if you get what I'm saying. So what should I do?
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2
It sounds like your problem is in the guitars midrange as MrPillow said. Its also possible that you are using a little too much distortion. As you go up in volume try to reduce gain a little. Peaveys have a tendency to "mud up" if you overtax them, especially the speakers.
Quote by MrPillow
More mids.

Lol seriously? That's it?

Edit:

Ok I guess I'll just tinker around with mids.
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2
What are your mids at?
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
Quote by MrPillow
More mids.

Damn your on a role tonight MrPillow!
Member #19 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club."

Quote by chaoticmayhem
Toads are cool; it's those frog bastards that I don't like.

Whats your philosophy on life?
its so good to be back!
Quote by jerm__
What are your mids at?

Right now my Eqs are:
Amp High 10 Mid 6 Low 5
Pedal
6.4k: 9
3.2k: 8
1.6k: 10
800: 8
400: 6
200 : 8
100: 6
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2
Your amp EQ and pedal EQ settings conflict each other =\

Turn up the bass slightly on the amp. On the pedal, backt he 6.4k off a little, as well as the 800 & 400, roll down the 100 to around 3.
Quote by MrPillow
Your amp EQ and pedal EQ settings conflict each other =\

Turn up the bass slightly on the amp. On the pedal, backt he 6.4k off a little, as well as the 800 & 400, roll down the 100 to around 3.

Alrighty I'll see how that works. Probably post back tomorrow night after practice. Thanks!

Any other suggestions before I'm off for the night?
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2
^sweet

Just remember, mids make your tone fuller, and they help you cut through. Never back down on your mids haha. I have like Low-7 Mid-7 and High-6, my highs i have least of haha.
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
UG Gain Whore
Quote by jerm__
^sweet

Just remember, mids make your tone fuller, and they help you cut through. Never back down on your mids haha. I have like Low-7 Mid-7 and High-6, my highs i have least of haha.

+1, I don't understand the reasoning behind scooping mids cause they don't cut through at all, plus it really just doesn't sound as good.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
+1, I don't understand the reasoning behind scooping mids cause they don't cut through at all, plus it really just doesn't sound as good.

That is a very generalized statement though. My roadking doesn't really sound good with mids boosted, yet it still cuts through just fine.

Too much gain is more of a problem than not enough mids. You're going to really lose definition if all you hear is gain and no tone.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
That is a very generalized statement though. My roadking doesn't really sound good with mids boosted, yet it still cuts through just fine.

Too much gain is more of a problem than not enough mids. You're going to really lose definition if all you hear is gain and no tone.

True true. Obviously, if you're playing with another guitarist that plays with scooped mids, you'll cut through a little better than one that doesn't. I was more just generalizing it as some amps are pretty mid-heavy and need to have lower mids to keep clarity and good tone. However, completely turning off mids is never the answer
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
True true. Obviously, if you're playing with another guitarist that plays with scooped mids, you'll cut through a little better than one that doesn't. I was more just generalizing it as some amps are pretty mid-heavy and need to have lower mids to keep clarity and good tone. However, completely turning off mids is never the answer

agreed

I love my mids, and my lows haha
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore
This may sound dumb, but does everything sound OK at lower volume? If your neck isn't true or your action's too low, you may have strings go dead in spots or buzz.
Just something to consider...
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Quote by MatrixClaw

I actually cut through better with the roadking slighly scooped than my F-100 with boosted mids.

Moral:
Do what works for you but keep it all in moderation of course
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Sorta off topic, but are these settings good for cutting through?
This is what I use when playing through my Peavey Rage 158.

Treb:7
Mid: 6.5-7
Bass:9

Thanks and suggest me anything in a private message or something thanks.