Page 1 of 2
Ive heard of many cristian metal bands and i even listen to lots of them. Im jewish so i was wondering if anyone has heard of any jewish bands so i dont have to hear about christ when i listen to music
NO MERCY IS THE WAY OF THE FIST
Varg loves jews.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
well i know some bands with Jewish people in them

Anthrax (Scott Ian)
KISS (Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons)
Biohazard (Evan Sienfeld)
The dude from Type O Negative
Quote by yawn
It just occurred to me that UG attracts a lot of socially isolated male teenagers with questionable psychological dispositions.

Quote by I'm_Guitarded
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but Whip and Chains Excite Me!!

Got'em!
hmm...i have heard of a jewish rapper and i mean hardcore jewish with the beard and really long pieces of hair coming down over the sideburns. idk about metal bands though. google maybe? idk.
Quote by Peradactyl
alright, off topic but how do i make forum posts

Quote by The_Paranoia
a4lrocker is an offical thread legend.
@Im_Guitarded - dream theater (mike portnoy)
Quote by bass-man9712
after i clicked all i could think was "please don't be goatse, please dont be goatse"

PSN: Effigyoferebus (feel free to add it)
oh yeah u may wanna listen to "Creeping Death" by Metallica

its about the Exodus so its sorta jewish
Quote by yawn
It just occurred to me that UG attracts a lot of socially isolated male teenagers with questionable psychological dispositions.

Quote by I'm_Guitarded

Got'em!
ummm...most metal has no reference to christ so if thats the only reason you're looking for jewish metal, theres no need to.
Quote by Sirwinston89

him 2
Quote by yawn

Quote by I'm_Guitarded

Got'em!
he was talking about christian metal
Quote by bass-man9712
after i clicked all i could think was "please don't be goatse, please dont be goatse"

Well, I think technically this goes in the rec thread, but there are a couple I know of. Orphaned Land, Melechesh, Salem, and Distorted are all from Israel so I'm guessing there's a good chance the members are Jewish.
WATCH THIS

Quote by GabeT347
does anybody have a sitar?
Quote by highway62
you have to buy them from george harrison. He owns all of them
Quote by jetfuel495
matisyahu?

yep that would be him. my description was a bit off but not much.
Quote by Peradactyl

Quote by The_Paranoia
i saw two isarali bands perform in my town last weekend.

The Monilith (sp?)(Weird Metal)
Cadaver Eyes (Grindcore)
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
this gets me thinking.... i wanna hear some muslim metal! or hindu metal! or any religion that i dont know much about!
Quote by bass-man9712

Quote by Sirwinston89
this gets me thinking.... i wanna hear some muslim metal! or hindu metal! or any religion that i dont know much about!

buddhist metal! yeh that would be hardcore. maybe...
Quote by Peradactyl

Quote by The_Paranoia
i dunno, buddhist metal would probably be like "I'm going to peacefully resolve my differences with you while meditating" as opposed to the usual metal fare of "Im going to punch you in the face, stab you and eat your entrails"
Quote by bass-man9712

also, Chuck Schuldiner (RIP) from pioneering death metal band DEATH was Jewish (his father Jewish and his mother converted to Judaism)
yeh i guess buddhist metal wouldnt be the best. well it wouldnt really be metal at least. maybe terrorist metal? it would be all like "im gonna blow you up and then ill laugh when im in heaven with virgins!"
Quote by Peradactyl

Quote by The_Paranoia
Quote by a4lrocker
buddhist metal! yeh that would be hardcore. maybe...

Hopefully not.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
Quote by Mr. President
You should pm the user Morbid_death, he's very much involved with the Jewish community.

And Chuck was Jewish? I thought he converted.

well, his family raised him both jewish and christian(celebrated hanukah and christmas), cuz they werent very religious

he didnt convert to anything, but he wasnt a devout jew so thats probably why some people think he converted.
Quote by Mr. President
You should pm the user Morbid_death, he's very much involved with the Jewish community.

only born so... then yes, he converted. I don't think he was practicing Judaism, but converted to Christianity... did that make sense?

edit: well I guess the post above explained it all now

edit2: is Portnoy Jewish as well? The name sounds Russian if anything, but I spose that doesn't mean much

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Last edited by Emenius Sleepus at Oct 24, 2007,
Quote by Emenius Sleepus

only born so... then yes, he converted. I don't think he was practicing Judaism, but converted to Christianity... did that make sense?

edit: well I guess the post above explained it all now

edit2: is Portnoy Jewish as well? The name sounds Russian if anything, but I spose that doesn't mean much

according to this guy
Quote by Sirwinston89

yes
(not entirely sure)
and yes his name sounds east-european
Quote by Emenius Sleepus

I'm still yet to see any evidence that Chuck actually converted to Christianity, not that I really care that much if he did or didn't.

Edit: didn't read the post above you.
Last edited by Makkis at Oct 24, 2007,
The guys from Melechesh are all jewish. I would assume the guys from Bishop of Hexen are also jewish.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Quote by Makkis
I'm still yet to see any evidence that Chuck actually converted to Christianity, not that I really care that much if he did or didn't.

true.

And guys from Melechesh aren't Jewish, they said it themselves in an interview. The band is based in Israel I think, but the members are from a lot of different countries

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by gimme_fuel_89
Marty Friedman is Jewish

Never in my wildest imagination would I have ever guessed that.

...but seriously, does he practice?
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Quote by Mr. President

Chucks father was an Austrian jew.

Quote by VampireGoldfish
Varg loves jews.

yes varg does love jews. hes a Odalist
Quote by Karl Sanders
its like a four finger, diminished thingy
Quote by Sirwinston89
i dunno, buddhist metal would probably be like "I'm going to peacefully resolve my differences with you while meditating" as opposed to the usual metal fare of "Im going to punch you in the face, stab you and eat your entrails"

One fundamental precept of Buddhist thought is that suffering, sickness, and death are all unavoidable. To exist is to suffer.

That's fucking bleak.

It's not all peace and love, you know?

My newer lyrics reflect my Buddhist principles, they make for some intense doom.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
It's a bit problematic, since the jews and judaism are 2 different things. While a non-practicing christian is not actually a christian, a non-practicing jew is still a jew.

Hence, there are only 2 bands I can think of who are composed of practicing jews, which is Orphaned Land, and Schwortsechaye (prononunced shwortze-hai-e, but the h is actually a sound which isn't present in the english language, so it's hard to explain it like this).

Other than that, there are plenty of israeli bands you could check out. Some of the best:

Dissonant (prog-death kinda)
Amalek (death metal, kinda melodic)
Armilos (if you can find any...Brutal death metal)
The Fading (changed the name from Excessum. It's the same band though. melodic death metal)
Betzefer (metalcore, actually)
Whorecore (grind)
Phantom Pain (brutal death)
Weedust (stoner)
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Last edited by dead-fish at Oct 25, 2007,
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
true.

And guys from Melechesh aren't Jewish, they said it themselves in an interview. The band is based in Israel I think, but the members are from a lot of different countries

Lol @ them being accused of Dark Cult Activities.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
also, Chuck Schuldiner (RIP) from pioneering death metal band DEATH was Jewish (his father Jewish and his mother converted to Judaism)

WRONGO

Although His father and mother WERE in fact Jewish. Chuck wasn't.
^Actually, he is considered jewish.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by Spynal
One fundamental precept of Buddhist thought is that suffering, sickness, and death are all unavoidable. To exist is to suffer.

That's fucking bleak.

It's not all peace and love, you know?

My newer lyrics reflect my Buddhist principles, they make for some intense doom.

Post those lyrics.
Quote by a4lrocker
yeh i guess buddhist metal wouldnt be the best. well it wouldnt really be metal at least. maybe terrorist metal? it would be all like "im gonna blow you up and then ill laugh when im in heaven with virgins!"

do you know what buddisht is?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Page 1 of 2