So I am in the market for a new Acoustic Electric...

I have been looking around a bit and was wondering if you guys had any insight on a few guitars, or even any suggestions of what to get.
(looking at spending between $800-$1400)

Heres what I have been looking at so far...

Breedlove Pro Series C25/CR

Taylor 314ce

Taylor 214ce (considerably cheaper...so insight on this one would be great!)

Thats it for now...

Lots of shopping around to do...

I plan on spending the money now so I don't have to spend more later!

-aved
My insight on acoustic electrics is to just get a normal acoustic and then put your own aftermarket pickup in it.

I like Babicz guitars; see if you can find a dealer around you.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Im not a fan of ovations right now...
I currently own one and have grown to not like the sound very much...

-aved
Get a Seagull Artist Series. I just went with a friend to buy one....he got the Mosaic (Solid Cedar top, wild Cherry Back and sides). It has the LR Baggs electronics, transducer under the saddle, and mic in the sound hole. You can "blend" the two for an awesome live sound. Some people prefer the Spruce top, I personally love the earthy, mellowness of the cedar.

We went to a small local dealer, where typically prices are a bit higher, and he bought it new for $750.

http://www.seagullguitars.com/productartistmosaiccw.htm
or
http://www.seagullguitars.com/productartiststudiocw.htm
Quote by Ljk825
Get a Seagull Artist Series. I just went with a friend to buy one....he got the Mosaic (Solid Cedar top, wild Cherry Back and sides). It has the LR Baggs electronics, transducer under the saddle, and mic in the sound hole. You can "blend" the two for an awesome live sound. Some people prefer the Spruce top, I personally love the earthy, mellowness of the cedar.

We went to a small local dealer, where typically prices are a bit higher, and he bought it new for $750.

http://www.seagullguitars.com/productartistmosaiccw.htm
or
http://www.seagullguitars.com/productartiststudiocw.htm

*runs out to find one*

But I still stand by Ovation. To the guy above: Maybe you just got a bad one, 'cause all the ones I've played sound great and just feel good to play.
Hmm...
I did consider a Seagull...had a chance to play one for a bit and liked the sound...

Any other ideas?

And the Ovation...
The sound isn't really terrible...great unplugged infact, I am just ready for a change, and pretty much got tired of the brightness that comes with Ovations...

-aved
...also, sorry this is in the wrong thread...that happened on accident!

-aved
Put it this way, a low end Taylor is not worth it. I was a huge fan of Taylor years ago but cannot justify paying $1500 for a 310ce. I personally have not played a guitar that sounded better or felt better than that Seagull, especially at that price. Looks beautiful as well. Once I get off my metal kick and decide to play acoustic again, I am going straight for the Mosaic.
lol, maybe thats why I was drawn to them!
im trying to find a balance to my liking...balance between deepness and brightness that is
I have a Breedlove AD25 SR Plus. Great guitar. I'm not familiar with the one you're looking at. Looks like the bridge between the Koreans (like mine) and the US custom shop. I'd have to wonder if it's not more on par with the low end Taylors mentioned by Ljk825 (who I agree with).

For $1000, my guitar is awesome. Breedlove does excellent quality control on the AD series. They keep the costs down by doing the build overseas, but don't skimp anywhere else.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
It's a Fishman. Sounds great. It's not the "Award-winning L.R. Baggs Element Active pickup with volume and tone controls," found in the model you're looking at, but it does have volume, a three band eq, and a built in tuner, which is nice.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Does anyone else have any insight about this?
I don't want to end up spending the money and regretting it down the road...

-aved
I have a 98 310-ce that i got in like new condition for 1100. The Tones are absolutly perfect as long as you use the right strings and change them every 2 weeks. The guitar plays great and has a good tone both acousticly and through a PA system. If you sing I recomend this guitar or a 314-ce.

514-ce taylors are my persona fav, save and get one of them. =)
Im using D'addario extended play 80/20 bronze for my taylor acoustic size 12, and D'Addario electrics size 10 for my gibson electric. Iv gone through DR's and Elixors and personaly for a coated string the D'addarios have the best sound.