I'm trying to build up my picking speed lately and i was wondering if anyone had any pointers on how. Also, links would be a plus if u could please. thanks
From personal experience, I think the best "super fast picking technique" is just to alternate pick from the wrist. Some people try to trem pick by stiffening up their wrist and use their elbow, this does make you pick faster, but you will have less control over note definition and notes blur together, especially when playing back and forth between multiple stings. I think the best way to pick fast is just to alternate pick cleanly and slowly, with experience you'll get faster and the motions will become smaller by instinct as you play to a faster tempo. Basically, pick from your wrist without moving your elbow and go strictly down-up.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
First, buy a metronome. Then, with some basic one string patterns, start out alternate picking at a slow tempo, and keep practicing until you can handle very fast tempos.
Orange Rockerverb 100 + Orange PPC412
Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Ibanez RGA121 Prestige
Fender Road Worn Player's Telecaster
"Masturbation is good for the right hand/arm." - Daron Malakian.

Lol, wierd thing is, it worked. xD
Fastest picking I have ever seen: economy picking from the wrist. Joe Stump uses this type of picking.
Start slow, gradually work faster with a metronome.
Quote by Crutchy
"Masturbation is good for the right hand/arm." - Daron Malakian.

Lol, wierd thing is, it worked. xD

lmao worked for me too
XD
Buy a heavy pick, 1mm and up. Get a metronome, pick from the wrist. Practice around 4 hours a day. That's what i did. Oh yeah and develop your own way of keeping your sound free of unwanted noise. Every teacher i have had has had a different way of keeping the playing clean and none of em work as well as mine. So do what works for you. Have fun.
Why 1mm and up? I use .60mm and it works fine for me.
I hope it's cold, everyday, where you are.
Just sit there and keep trying to go as fast as you can. Don't even stop until you've got it. That's what I did. A day straight, I was playing B.Y.O.B in no time. (Well, not the chorus...)
Quote by redneckrebel
Wow...just wow

A clapstack? My life is complete.
And also, for you wankers, masturbating wouldn't help cause unless you have a small penis and can get yourself off by just moving your wrist.

For advice, just practice alternate picking. A lot.
Quote by Tabris_17th
Fastest picking I have ever seen: economy picking from the wrist. Joe Stump uses this type of picking.
Start slow, gradually work faster with a metronome.

Yeah econimy is awesome and works.I was doing it before i knew what is Was called.Perfict for bodom beach terror solo
Setup::::

Jackson X-Series V Crimson Swirl
Line 6 Spider II Head 150w
Crate cabnet
Death Metal Distortion(Sum times)
Digitech effects stacker(Sum times)
Jim Dunlop 1mm Nylon knifed up picks(better grip)
Quote by Big Man Jack
Yeah econimy is awesome and works.I was doing it before i knew what is Was called.Perfict for bodom beach terror solo

Yeah I know! When I was teaching myself in the beginning, that's what I just naturally started doing.