4 7%
Schaller
2 3%
Ibanez Edge
20 34%
Gotoh Floating trem
1 2%
Voters: 58.
I have heard a bunch of people who prefer different floating trems and I would like to know what UG thinks is the best for their guitar. It would be cool if you gave a little explanation with your vote, just for the hell of it.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Ibanez Edge
nothing else comes close
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Honestly: Nothing beats the Original.

Sure I dig the Edge and ZR's, and the Gotoh's and Kahler's..

but the feel of the original is unbeatable. Just the right amount of resistance, and I don't really dig low-profile floyds
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Original Edge, Edge Pro, Lo-Pro, ZR and Double Edge; they're all great.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
I really dig the Kahler trem. I find them far superior to the OFR and the Edge I tried.

Though the OFR stays intune better WHILE playing with bending and stuff, I really like to play a Kahler. They all got their pro's and con's.
ESP LTD M-400
Marshall JCM 800 2205 Halfstack
Dunlop Crybaby
Keeley BOSS SD-1
MXR 10 band EQ
iSP Decimator
Last edited by BeëlzeM at Oct 25, 2007,
Never tried anything but OFR, don't really need to either. Keeps the tuning and you can do all the cool whammy tricks without any problem.
Quote by 'rockintheblues 14, 2007 2:38 am'
but i really do hate you and hope you and everyone you love is killed in the worst possible ways. i hope i get to spit in your eyes as you let out your final breath
I wouldn't really have much of a problem with any of those, to be honest... not too familiar with the kahler, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Bonsaischaap
Original Edge, Edge Pro, Lo-Pro, ZR and Double Edge; they're all great.

I'm gonna say the OFR beats the Edge. Not because of quality, but because the fucking Edge arm holders always come lose dammit. You can adjust the tension quite easily on an OFR. I'd say they hold tune equally well.

Edge and Lo-Pro Edge that is.

OFR > Edge Pro = ZR.
Isnt the Kahler the one thats just mounted on the front of the guitar and doesnt need any routing? If so thats the one I like the most.
My Gear :
Fender American Strat in Metallic Red
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Fender 15 Watt Amp (Upgrade soon to a Marshall )
Red Furry guitar strap

John Frusciante - The Greatest Guitarist EVER
Quote by samlocke14
to all those who said the ZR, with the zero point system engaged the bridge isnt full floating is it?

I see this question all the time, but all it is is some weird urban myth. Here's a thing that explains the use of the ZPS (thanks to Pifty):
http://lawl.net/gtr/zr
I would like to try a Kahler, but I would also like to hear how it differs from an OFR or Ibanez Edge. I have a lot of experience with both of those trems.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/