Well, as most of you probably know, Southern California is on fire. There have been 16 separate wildfires so far, with 500,000 acres burned, 1500 homes destroyed, and 900,000 people forced to evacuate. The Witch Creek fire in San Diego is the largest and has destroyed over 800 homes, while other fires in San Diego, San Bernardino, and Los Angeles County still continue to destroy land and homes. I'm around 16 miles south of the Santiago Fire near Mission Viejo and Irvine, which, as you can see here, has come dangerously close to homes.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1c/Santiago_fire_seen_from_Mission_Viejo_October_2007_cropped.jpg

I'm also about 5 to 10 miles north of the Horno fire in Camp Pendleton. The sky was filled with smoke today and the sky was red. It also forced my school to close tomorrow. I'm near the beach and out of the way of the blaze itself, but some of my friends may have to evacuate if the fire turns towards our city. It's sort of amazing for me because I've never been in any situation like this. I see it all the time on the news, homes and lives lost due to hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, and other disasters, but I've never been so close to one before.

Anyone else who has been affected by these fires, or any other natural disaster, can feel free to share their experiences here. And remember to pray for the victims as well as the brave firefighters working to save our homes and lives.
Last edited by Castlebravo at Oct 24, 2007,
My girlfriend was evacuated the first day and her house might possibly be completely demolished.

She lives in Ramona.

I live in L.A. and i've got asthma so the smoke comes down every so often and gives me an attack but other than that, i'm completely fine thank you.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Quote by tortex199
I heard that the winds died own a little today, so it looks like its geting better
Yeah it definitely wasn't as windy around here as it had been before, but I don't know if it's the same in San Diego or LA. The air started to clear up today as well, but then it started to get bad enough that school was canceled.
All of my friends, including my girlfriend live in San Diego so it really sucks for me to sit here and not have the power to do anything for them.

I was there in 2003 when the first major fire storm happened. Sucks major black guy private parts if you know what I mean.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
WE live pretty far(about half an hour drive) from those fires, and we can still see all the smoke and we can't do any outdoor activity, it's horrible, and apparently, these fires were intentionally started, so some horrid person just ruined the lives of many people and animals.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Relatives have evacuated from San Diego (which basically entirely on fire).

I live about two hours in the middle of all of these fires. I hope they can put them out before they reach LA (I'm sure they will).
I live down here in Carlsbad, really close to the fires actually. Most of my friends had to evacuate, and even though they're like a 15 minute walk away, we didn't have to evacuate. We've been home the last few days, schools closed for the week, and my friends all came back to their houses. They seem to have gotten the ones near me under control.

The air cleared up alot down here, it was really bad the first day, but I hung out outside with friends yesterday and today, its just dry and sometimes you get some **** in your eyes.

The grounds covered with blown around dirt and ash, though.
i live in Arcadia, and yesterday around noon the skys were a disgustingly humid orange. theyve cancelled all physical activity in our school district. im super congested from everything and i have a show this sat.

but they got it worse...did you see the front page of the LA Times this morning?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
dang that hella sucks, i live in northern cali now, but i know some people in L.a and San Diego. Best of luck to all of you guys who live out there.
my gear:
Jackson DKMG(the one with EMG 81/85's)
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
old gear i'll probably sell eventually:
yamaha beginners guitar
gunmetal grey Fender squire strat
Fender 65R amp
yeahh there fires pretty ar from me but school was canceleddd
till monday.

and i think one of my teachers house burned downn

we hasnt been to school for days
while other teachers that also live in the area have returned
(there houses are okay)

but idk 'bout him
my friend who live out in rancho said there was some fire starting out there too,

and that cant be good for me in chino i live right next to a park with trees(firewood)

but its was scary after a few days cause the sky turned all orange and dark even during the day.
i was watching NFL network and terrell davis said his house wasn't affected by the fires but all his friends and family live in san diego and are living in the stadium.

i just sat there wondering, "why don't you invite them to stay with you?"
Quote by I es sleepy
we hasnt been to school for days

I'm tempted to sig that, but that defeats the purpose of my sig.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
When I was younger we had the roof of our house peeled off by a tornado but tornados are pretty frequent around here and aren't near as extensive as that fire or say a hurricaine.
Quote by Bobbito315
When I was younger we had the roof of our house peeled off by a tornado but tornados are pretty frequent around here and aren't near as extensive as that fire or say a hurricaine.

you put the roof back on or just look at the stars at night?
my gear:
Jackson DKMG(the one with EMG 81/85's)
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
old gear i'll probably sell eventually:
yamaha beginners guitar
gunmetal grey Fender squire strat
Fender 65R amp